11. Once a Cheater Always a Cheater

[Edited]

That was hard but I felt lighter.

I didn't realize how badly I just needed to talk to someone about the situation. That day changed my outlook on Taehyung and the hard life I didn't know he had. 

Since the death of Tae's parents it was like he shut down, alcohol seemed to replace everything he loved in life.

Jungkook helped me stand and I wiped the remaining tears off my cheeks. I was thankful he didn't utter a word the whole time, not that he could have interrupted me even if he tried. My words wouldn't stop like a waterfall. 

"And he doesn't have any remaining family?" Jungkook spoke quietly, following as I trudged over to invade his fridge for something to drink.

I pulled out a bottle of water, bending my front half over the island as I twisted the cap. "He does have one older brother but he was never really around before... I mean, he left as soon as he turned eighteen."

I gulped down half the bottle, glancing up at a blank faced Jungkook, his dark eyes wandering my face aimlessly as he followed suit and leaned backwards, resting his elbows on the smooth counter top.

"Has he refused therapy?"

I nodded once. "Jimin and I have tried to convince him many times. He won't go."

Looking away, Jungkook sighed and I couldn't help but to grin at how concerned he genuinely sounded for Taehyung.

"Hey." Lightly, I brushed Jungkook's arm and his head turned back in my direction. "Thanks for listening to me, I really needed that."

His eyes traveled over my hand resting on his bicep and he smiled, white bunny teeth in full view. "I'll always be here to listen to you from now on, okay?"

I nodded as another wash of relief flooded my system.

I took a deep breath. "Let's head back, I think I'm actually in the mood to dance for once."

With a comforting hand on my back we walked towards the living room, the party still in full motion. I smiled as Jungkook made some joke about the time a guy surfed down the entire flight of stairs in an attempt to lighten the mood, and it almost worked.

Almost.

Until I saw him.

My ears toned everything out, body completely numb and everything began to move in slow motion as blood pumped furiously through my veins.

I could feel Jungkook shaking my arm, his lips clearly moving out of the corner of my eye but I remained frozen with large eyes. Jungkook gave up, following my direction in question.