9. Don't Fuck it Up

[Edited]

He smelled like mint and cologne.

Jungkook's body pushed against mine as we stood adjacent the hallway wall farthest from the living room. The music was still loud but not as deafening as we were far enough away to finally think clearly.

Well not really clearly.

We both giggled like two small children that did something they weren't supposed to do, adrenaline pumping with fear of being caught. 

His eyes, the eyes I've been drawn to since we first met, gazed deeply into my own. I could feel the cool surface of the wall behind my back, a complete distinction to the rising temperature of the rest of my body.

I realized this is the closest we've ever been, with his front pushed almost completely to mine, hands rested on each side of my head, his face inched a bit closer. I closed my eyes and tried to breathe deeply.

"Jungkook... " my warning came out in a soft moan which wasn't my intention at all. But it seemed to ignite power in him knowing that he had this type of influence over me. 

The predator was definitely closing in on his prey. He leaned further so that our foreheads almost touched and I had to muster up the will to slightly push against him with the palm of my hand. As I rested against his stomach I felt the detailed definition of abs being contained under his shirt and closed my eyes, making a failed attempt to steady my breath.

"Y/n, look at me." 

'Why does my name sound so damn good coming from his lips?'

I obeyed and opened my eyes. His face appeared much softer this time, sensual stare completely wiped off his face. I let his hand cup my face gently, enjoying how his thumb circled my cheek too much.

"Jungkook," I tried again, soft but stern. "I-I can't. We can't. I--"

"We can. Leave him. Leave him and be with me," he was pretty much begging at this point, his eyes switching between my own in a silent plea.

"That can't happen. You don't know the whole story and besides, even if that wasn't a problem, I barely know you!" 

'Exactly! You don't really know him, you barely met him! All of this is just lust. What you have with Taehyung is love.'

It is love... right?

"But I want to get to know you, y/n. Please," he whispered, head tilting in farther and I held my breath with wide eyes. 

His breath fanned across my lips as I felt them begin to brush lightly against my own, so light I wasn't completely sure if it really happened. His hand ran down the side of my neck while the other rested on the small of my back. Goosebumps bubbled to the surface from the contact.

"I know I can give you what he can't."  

A shiver up my spine fought harshly against the fluttering in my lower stomach and awakened my senses.

'We can't do this...'

With all of my force I pushed Jungkook away, a deep frown set on my face. "You don't get it do you!" I began to raise my voice, fed up with all the persuading mind games and soft touches.

 He kept his voice soft. "I might not understand you... but I understand myself completely. I know how I feel," he said with his eyes boring holes into my face. He sounded so confident, so sure of himself that I almost believed him.

 I huffed and ran my fingers through my hair, slowly sinking to the floor. Jungkook leaned against the wall and followed suit. Neither one of us looked at each other, just staring off into space and letting the silence act as a calming agent. I took a deep breath, deciding to share Taehyung's story, something I've never done before.

'First time for everything I guess.'

OH MYDSLKHFGLSFHSH 

PLEASE let me know if you're liking my story so far!!!

Don't forget to vote on it and share <3

-xoxo Kay