30. A Knock at the Door

[Edited]

Nothing ever seemed to go my way.

I had spent the past few days trying to convince Jungkook that going to the party wasn't a very good idea, especially for Taehyung, who's currently trying to avoid anything that has to do with alcohol and bad decisions. 

And when I say I've tried everything, I really mean everything.

But no amount of cuddles, sex, or banana milk can convince that stubborn bunny to change his mind.

"Tae will be fine, babe," Jungkook said, currently on the way to pick up Jimin and Taehyung, as he's said continuously like a broken record over the past few days up until today, the day of the party. 

"Trust me, we're all going to be with him the whole time to make sure he's under control. And," he rested his right hand on my thigh, the left on the steering wheel. "It's only going to be us, aside from Yoongi and Namjoon. He promised me he was keeping it really small," Jungkook smiled, his pupils shining in hope that I'll finally cave in. 

Jin's head popped up from the back seat in between us. "Yeah, y/n, lighten up! Stop being such a mom towards Taehyung, it's kind of weird considering you two-- " Jin's remark earned a hard flick to the forehead and he launched backwards, holding his head in pain.

"I'm only worried because I know how he is when he gets a drink or two in his system. He can't stop," I sighed, face creasing with worry as Jungkook made a turn into Taehyung's driveway.

"He won't drink any alcohol, I promise," Jungkook continued to smile reassuringly and I couldn't help but to grin back at his expression, genuine and sweet.

Their relationship, as weird as it sounds, was sort of adorable. Two people who hated each others guts have been able to put aside some of their differences. Never in a million years would I have thought they would have things in common, let alone not kill each other without me being there. 

But there I sat, watching as Jungkook was the only one to get out of the car, running up to bro hug Jimin, picking him up like a muscle pig and spinning him around with the biggest meme face he could muster up while Taehyung did his best to hide his smile.

'Who would have thought I'd see this... in the same driveway they once fought at,' I shook my head and bit my lip to conceal my laugh.

Jimin, looking annoyed, swatted away Jungkook's attempt to pat his dirty blonde locks. I couldn't hear but saw him mouthing do you wanna die as his cold glare only made the younger pinch his cheeks cutely.

I giggled and Jin came up from the back seat again with a red mark beginning to form on the middle of his forehead... but I wasn't going to tell him that.