42. The Engagement

[Edited]

"Trust me, you look beautiful."

We pulled up to the banquet hall in an unnecessary extravagant limousine. 

I could feel cold sweats starting to form at the back of my neck as I looked down and smoothed out my dress. I've held the same startled expression since we left the house for tonight.

It finally settled in that I was apart of an important high class event. Not only that but I was Jungkook's plus one, and it was hitting me now that I would be in the eye of the public as the mystery date for Jungkook's last minute banquet dinner.

I couldn't stop my hands from trembling in fear as the limo rounded the curve and stopped in front of a long red carpet. A sea of cameramen stood outside along the long stretch to the doors, their cameras aimed and ready for whoever stepped out.

This was something I never thought would happen in my whole life, yet here I sit like a little fish about to face the big hungry sea of paparazzi sharks. Jungkook's relatives, the company staff, and the entire country will be seeing my face beside Jungkook's for the first time.

'I'm not ready for this,' I gulped and tried to steady my breathing. 

I could hear Jungkook beside me trying to calm me down as my breathless pants continued.

"Hey, Princess... Y/n!" I snapped out of my dazed thoughts and tore my wide eyes away from the blacked out window to focus on his face, the small amount of makeup his stylist put on emphasized his features in the best way possible.

"You'll be fine, trust me. The first time to an event like this is always scary. Just remember to stay calm and try not to have a nip slip-- Ahhch! I'm sorry I was just trying to lighten the mood!" I smacked his arm and groaned, head throwing back against the well cushioned seat.

"You know, maybe we should just stay in here a little longer. This thing was too expensive to only drive thirty minutes down the highway in," I proposed the brilliant idea, just the thought almost enough in itself to fully convince me that I should stay glued to this seat.