Chapter 1

Hoseok sat in his desk chair and fiddled with his lead pencil, he twirled the plastic between his fingers nervously as he stared at the board.

The teacher had announced that they would be taking a field trip to the local zoo. It's been years since Hoseok's been on a school field trip, and the place of destination would be a zoo? A grade full of high school students and they pick a zoo?

Hoseok bit the bottom of his lip and he begins to bounce his leg in a quick motion. The field trip would be in three days, he had to get permission from his parents, turn in the sheet, and control his panic in three days.

"Once all of the permission slips are turned in, I will make a group list with designated chaperones. Class is dismissed." The teacher says as the bell rings and Hoseok quickly packs his things and heads out the room.

"Hey, Hobi! Wait up, hyung!" Hoseok sighs a little as he feels arms wrap around his shoulders, "Are you excited for the field trip?"

"Honestly, not at all." Hoseok sighs as he practically carries the boy on his back, "Jungkook get off me, you're heavy."

"I think I'm just going to stay here." Jungkook holds a boyish grin and Hoseok rolls his eyes. Hoseok drags Jungkook to his locker while the boy was still clinging to him.

"Hobi, Hobi!" Jungkook whispers as he darts his head from side to side, "She's coming!"

Hoseok's heart skips a beat and he keeps his focus on his open locker. He wants to look but he only tilts his head a bit and begins to grab his notebooks.

"So?" Hoseok tries to play it off while he looks to his friend, "What does it matter?"

"Because you like her, hyung." Jungkook giggles and Hoseok rolls his eyes.

"Ok? And?" Hoseok looks back to the main hallway and his eyes immediately land on who Jungkook was talking about. He quickly looks away and picks up his pace.

"And you need to tell her that!" Jungkook says as he catches up to the older boy, "She's not going to be single forever."

Hoseok's heart hurt a little at that statement, his happy mask fell off and he lowered his gaze a bit.

"I'm not worried about it, Kookie." Hoseok regains his composure and replaces the mask he had on his face, "If she's the one, I'll gain the confidence I need to get her."

"Listen, hyung. Park Sooyoung isn't the kind of girl that guys will hesitate to take. You need to be a man and go get her!" Jungkook says as he lightly pats his elder's shoulders.

Hoseok only nods his head as he glances over his shoulder to see Sooyoung smiling and laughing with her friends. His heart warmed in his chest as a goofy grin spreads across his face.

"You're right, Jeon." Hoseok's smile doesn't fade and Jungkook gives a cocky grin.

"When aren't I right?" Jungkook smiles as he wraps his arm around Hoseok's broad shoulders, "So when are you going to ask her?"

"At the field trip," Hoseok plans out in his head, "If we get into the same group it'll be a whole lot easier... what kind of magic can you pull out your sleeve?"

"We'll see," Jungkook says as he shoves his hand in his pocket.

~*~

You sit in your class and have your cheek pressed in your left palm. Your high school would be going on a field trip to the zoo. When you first heard this from your teacher, you thought she was joking. However when you received your permission slip you mentally groaned at how serious she actually was.

You didn't mind going to the zoo, but the fact that you had to go with your annoying classmates makes you dread the day the field trip would come.

You lazily read over the permission slip and sign where your name had to be and the date. You thought you might as well get to have a day off of school rather than be stuck in this stuffy smelling building.

You see something shaking out of the corner of your eye and you steal a quick glance to see your classmate, Jung Hoseok, severely tense and practically shaking every nerve in his body. You quirk a brow and decide it's best not to acknowledge his tense state.

"Once all of the permission slips are turned in," Your teacher begins to speak and you give her a bored glance, "I will make a group list with designated chaperones. Class is dismissed."

You grab the permission slip between your fingers as the bell rings. You see Hoseok practically bolt of the classroom and you feel a soft smile grow on your face.

You had always admired Hoseok from afar, you found his usual gleeful posture alluring, but deep down you knew there was something about him that wasn't what it seemed.

'No one can be that happy all the time.' You would tell yourself from time to time when you would see his bright smile.

You slid your way in between students as you made your way to your locker. You would casually steal glances at Hoseok as you grabbed your things. You haven't really spoken to him much, you would be partners for school projects from time to time, you had exchanged numbers long ago and would message every other day. But he had no interest in you like you had in him, which you didn't mind, you were perfectly ok with being his friend.

You knew who he did fancy, however, Park Sooyoung. Joy, she was sometimes called by her friends. The more you thought of her nickname, the more defeated you felt when you compared to how you thought of Hoseok. You saw him as the sun, he was always so bright that he made anyone around him smile instantly. He gave people joy, so why wouldn't he want some joy of his own?

You felt your nose twitch before you quickly grabbed your books and rushed off to your next class. You couldn't be focused on those two right now, you have too much to worry about.

You walk through the door of your next class and took your seat in the back. You still held the permission slip in your hand and silently wish that you would be in the same group as Hoseok.