Chapter 26

You felt as if Namjoon had just left when you heard knocking on your door once more. You were preparing some light snacks since you were actually expecting guests this time. You had a bowl of chips set out with water and some sodas.

You trot to the door and you open it, you smile happily as you see Namjoon. You see his friend, Zico, standing next to him with a boyish grin. You give him a smile and turn your attention to him.

"You must be Zico," You notice the flash of light in his eyes when you say his name, "Namjoon's told me about the concern you had about me. I'm sorry if I caused you trouble."

"No trouble at all," Zico's deep voice resonates in your ears, "By the way, you're as beautiful as Namjoon says." He sends you a wink and you smile a bit awkwardly. You let them both in your home and you sit on the couch.

"Tell me about yourself, Zico. What are you like?" You spark up conversation as you gesture for them to partake in the food you had laid out. Zico grabs a Sprite and he takes a handful of chips.

"There's not much to me," Zico stuffs a few chips in his mouth, "I have a steady job as a teacher's aid in vocal performance. I go to the Music High School in Seoul, and I make my own music."

"So, in a way, you're a lot like Namjoon." You smile as Zico nods his head.

"More like he's a lot like me, I'm his elder. He looks up to me."

"In your dreams," Namjoon rolls his eyes, "You're a bigger baby than you put on."

"Stop talking, your elder is speaking to the nice lady. Wait your turn." Zico gives a playful glare at Namjoon before he turns his attention back to you, "What about yourself? What are you like?"

"Hm. Well, I enjoy music too, I can't really cook, I don't mind reading, I have a friend that looks to me as if I'm her mother—you should meet her, she's pretty cool. I act different when I'm more comfortable, so if I seem a little uptight at the moment, just know it'll go away once I relax a bit. Other than that... I'm not sure what else."

"If it means anything, you sound like an amazing woman." You felt your face heat up a bit and you smile. You were relaxing a lot quicker than you had thought you were, there was just something about Zico that made you feel like you were already best friends.

"So how did you and Namjoon meet?" You ask as you reach for some of the chips yourself.

"We used to be neighbors a long time ago." Namjoon speaks up, "We're childhood friends."

"Ah, so you've always been around each other?"

Zico nods his head, "And someone else, she was the best! We used to go over to her house all the time, we would take her to our hideout and just spend the entire day in there! We were inseparable back then... I miss her..." You couldn't help but feel sympathy when Zico's voice fills with sadness. His entire demeanor changed from being happy and giddy to slumped and depressed, he looked defeated, worn out, his chest caved inward as he stared at his clasped hands. Whoever this girl was, she really took a toll on Zico.

"What happened to her?" You notice how Zico's eyes begin to water and you sit next to him and wrap your arms around him. He begins to heavily cry and his voice comes out in squeaks.

"She forgot us," Zico hiccups, "She promised she wouldn't forget us. She promised that she would always love us... but she... she—"

"She moved away," Namjoon wipes his eyes, he had begun crying too, but he was able to control it better than Zico, "She moved away when we were still little, we begged our parents to let us see her again but... she didn't move anywhere close. She moved to (insert native country) and she's lived there for a long time."