Chapter 61

Hoseok holds your hand tightly as the both of you walk up to the check in counter. The familiar front desk lady sits in her tight burgundy suit jacket and black dress, her round glasses sitting at the tip of her nose as she types on her keyboard.

You comfortably walk away from Hoseok's grasp and scribble your name on the clipboard, "Good morning, Mrs. Li, how are you today?" You attempt at conversation with the usual crabby woman. Mrs. Li side eyes you as she continues typing on her computer, her pink lips turned into a scowl.

"I'm busy." She was curt, but you brushed it off, she did at least answer you this time.

"I'm sure you are, you always work diligently. There should be more people who work as hard as you." A dry laugh escapes the older woman, you bid your goodbyes and skipped over to find your hand enveloped in another. You smile up at Hoseok and you both go sit down and wait for your name to be called.

"She actually spoke to you today," Hoseok mumbled and you nod your head.

"I know, shocking right?" You look over your shoulder to see Mr. Li still working, you lower your voice a bit, "What do you think her deal is today? She never says anything to anyone!"

"Maybe you're chipping that heart of ice," Hoseok shrugs as he wraps an arm around your shoulders, pulling you close to his side.

"Maybe." You mutter as you bury your head in the crook of his neck, your hair slightly tickling his neck, "You smell good."

A warm laugh chuckles out, "Do I usually not?"

"I'm not saying that, I'm just saying you smell good." You smile as you press your nose against his warm skin, you shut your eyes and take in another breath of his scent, "Smells like Old Spice."

"That's because it is," you feel Hoseok's hand rubbing up and down your arm, you sink more into him and sigh in contentment. You have your face buried into him for a long time and Hoseok chuckles and shakes his head.

"Do I really smell that good to you?"

"Shh," you scold, "Less talky, more sniffy."

"You are adorable." Hoseok says slowly as he shifts to rest his head on top of yours, "I can't wait until this is over."

"Hm, how come?" You shift as well so your head is laid against his shoulder, making sure you were still able to catch his scent.

"It's a surprise, puppy." Hoseok sings, "I can't tell you yet."

"Why?" You whine, "I want to know!"

"But you can't keep a secret." You pout at that statement, not in the fact that he practically insulted you, but because whatever this surprise was it wasn't for you.

"Who's it for?" You look up at him with slightly narrowed eyes. Hoseok raises a brow at your expression and tries to analyze your face as to why you're upset.

Seeing you like this, Hoseok decides to give in and tell you, "For Jin."

'Jin? Why Jin?' You furrow your brow as you stare at your boyfriend. You try to wrack your mind as to why he would have something special planned for his friend, why would he—

"It's for his birthday, silly." Hoseok chuckles when he sees your eyes widened and face slightly flushed in embarrassment. You had completely forgotten about Jin's birthday.

"What?!" You shout and your about to bolt to your feet when a woman opens the door to the therapist offices.

"Miss (L/N)? Dr. Lin is ready to see you now." You look over at Hoseok with wide doe eyes and your mouth wide open.