Chapter 54

Jungkook shivers as his clothed feet meet the cold earth, he did as was instructed and removed his shoes. Jin says that the clacking of certain shoes makes it easier to detect, however the socks can muffle movement. Jungkook sizes up the tall house and tilts his head to the side.

"Maybe I can..." Jungkook trails off and takes a few paces backwards before sprinting forward and basically walks up the side of the wall to gain a hand hold in a chipped part of the brick house, "I guess I can!" Jungkook grunts as he's lifting himself up and scaling the house.

"C'mon Jeon, c'mon!" Jungkook swears under his breath as he takes a daring leap and feels his hand cut against the rough brick. Jungkook bites his lip and continues to climb until he finally reaches proper ledging. He takes in a deep breath before he creeps along the side, letting his fingertips graze the wall.

Jungkook peers his eyes through a window, it looks like one of the boy's rooms. It was decorated with a bunch of posters of music idols on the walls, cds were littered on desks, and a trashcan was overflowed with crumpled paper.

"Y/N's room must be around here somewhere." Jungkook mutters and he shuffles his way around the house and to the next window. He peers in and sees that the room doesn't have as much personality. There was a dresser, a tv, and another door in the room.

"Is this her room?" Jungkook looks around and decides to gently tap the window to see if there was a response. He waited three minutes before tapping again, but louder. After fifteen minutes of doing so, Jungkook gives up and decides to continue searching.

"Maybe she's downstairs." Jungkook slowly climbs down from his ledge and drops to the ground almost silently. Staying as low as possible, Jungkook creeps along the side of the house, his fingertips skimming the outer wall of the house. Jungkook occasionally lifts his head up when he would pass by a window in order to see inside, deeming that Y/N wasn't in there, he would continue his search.

When Jungkook finally presses his way to the front of the house, he slowly lifts his gaze and his black doe eyes widen in horror. There, lying on the floor, was Namjoon, blood was pooled next to his head from where Jiho had bashed his nose. Jungkook feared for himself and Y/N as he tried to get a better look, flinching when he noticed Namjoon stir.

Namjoon brings himself to sitting on his knees and he lays his head back, looking towards the ceiling. He slowly swipes his hand under his nose at the dried blood that poured down his face. He lazily rolls his head to look down at his ruined carpet, he stared at it as if he was expecting something. Jungkook continues looking at him curiously, pressing his face closer and closer to the glass separating them.

Namjoon finally stands and he roughly swipes at his face with his sleeve, his eyes spit venom as he looks around his home. Something was clearly off, Jungkook's breath lodged itself in his throat when he hears Namjoon roar in rage.

"That bastard!" Namjoon screeches, "If that piece of shit thinks he can get away with Y/N he has another thing coming! She's mine!"

Jungkook almost pisses his pants when Namjoon looks up to the window he stood in. He hears Namjoon shout in surprise and Jungkook immediately ducks and swiftly creeps along the side of the house, concealing himself in the darkness. When he reaches the back of the house, and Namjoon's threats are clearer, Jungkook breaks into a full out sprint back to the van. With the speed of a track star, Jungkook reaches the van and practically breaks the door open and leaps into the back of the van.

Worried eyes look back at him as Jungkook looks as if he's seen a ghost.

"What happened?" Jin looks at the terrified boy and Jungkook pants heavily as he constantly licks his dry lips.