Chapter 63

A/N: Just a warning, the ending of this book is coming soon, however I'm planning on making a part 2. ALSO, I believe when this chapter is published I'm going to change the title to "My Hope" because this really hasn't been talking much about ophidiophobia... I mean originally it was but 😂 that didn't happen. Anyways, enjoy the chapter~

_____________________________

~Time Skip~

You honestly had an unnerving feeling as your mother drops you off at Daiane's home. You can't help but feel uncomfortable as you approach the mahogany door. You curl your hand into a fist and lightly knock on the door, you feel your face heat up and you wrap your arms around yourself. You had dressed a little formal and you regret it, the cold December air nipped at your legs and you shiver. The dress you wore stopped mid calf and the wind loved to play with the fabric, much to your displeasure.

"C'mooon," You sing as you knock louder and quicker, "I'm freezing my ass off now." You begin to walk in place and try to warm up as best as possible.

When a large rush of wind swipes over your body you practically bang your fist through the door and whimper.

"Hello?" You shout as you continue knocking, "Daiane? Mrs. Lin? It's me! Y/N!"

You wanted to go home after another three minutes pass by and no one answers. You groan, their car was here, so what was taking so long?

You were about to pull out your phone and get Hoseok to pick you up from here when the door opens as you unlock your phone. You look up to see a man slightly taller than you, you raise a brow and dip your head politely.

"You must be Lin Tate," You smile and extend your hand, "My name is L/N Y/N, I'm Daiane's friend."

Tate looks at you up and down before taking your hand and shakes it, "Daiane is in her room, she didn't hear the door knocking, I just came into the house myself."

You only nod and awkwardly smile as you shiver violently, "M-May I come in?"

Tate stays silent and lets you through the door, you take off your coat and immediately take in the scent of vanilla and brown sugar. You raise your brows and slowly nod your head as you hang your coat up.

'Smells amazing in here, like a bakery.' You think before you awkwardly walk behind Tate, who—thankfully—shows you the way to Daiane's room.

"Daiane," Tate says bluntly, "Your friend is here."

Daiane takes an earbud out of her ear and her eyes widen when she sees you in her bedroom doorway, "Oh my! You're early!"

You scratch the back of your head and smile slightly, "Better to be five minutes early than five minutes late." You chuckle nervously and Daiane gestures for you to sit next to her. You take slow, cautious steps towards Daiane's purple sheeted bed, your boots clacking against her wooden floor.

You don't notice Tate leaving as Daiane takes your hands in hers and you appreciate how warm they are compared to your freezing ones.

"So, I'm very glad you're here. I would like to get to know you more and hopefully have the same friends you do," Daiane smiles, "I've seen you all around school, it reminds me of how I was with my friends back home, but since I've moved... it's hard for me to make friends."

"Don't worry, we're pretty accepting people, as long as you don't hurt one of us, you're always welcome." Daiane smiles at your words and you can't help but smile back.

"Thank you, it really means a lot to me."

"You're welcome." You take the opportunity to look around Daiane's room, the walls aren't decorated, but she had many dressers that held little plush toys on top of them, the occasional nail polish bottle, a snow globe, and a few hats, "Your room is so well kept!"