Chapter 33

You resorted to chewing your nails as you wait for the answer to come back. The judge had dismissed CiCi from the chair after she made her claim, and Mr. Kae wasn't allowed to call for anyone else or the case would be dismissed and Sooyoung would automatically be put back in jail.

You felt your heart ache when you saw CiCi setting next to Taehyung, her emotions where distant, she was conflicted with herself. You just knew it, you could see it in the way she responded when Mr. Kae had called her a criminal for getting information from cases and using it to get to the perpetrators. But you thought she was right, they broadcast people going missing every day, and half the time the cases go unsolved. CiCi knows what she's doing, she's saved people and brought them back home to their families...

Why was that such an issue?

You were pulled from your thoughts as the jury began to pile back into the stands. Your heart made its way to your throat and you felt as if you were suffocating. Sooyoung was told to stand onto her feet, and the first person she looked at was you. You pretended as if you didn't catch it, but you could feel her watching you.

"Has the jury reached a verdict?"

A woman with short black hair stood up and held a piece of paper in her hands, "We have, your honor."

"In the case of Park vs L/N, Aggravated Assault in the second degree, how does the verdict stand?"

"We find the defendant guilty on all charges." Relief floods through your body and you're moved to tears, Hoseok hugs you happily and you begin to cry into his chest.

"Park Sooyoung, even though you are eligible for community supervision, you will be denied of that eligibility and be sentenced to 10 years in prison." The judge banged the gavel and Sooyoung immediately darted her eyes to where you sat. She saw how Hoseok protectively held you, how you were practically surrounded by him on all sides, it made Sooyoug very angry.

So she snapped.

She bolted past the security who tried to grab her and she flung her cuffed wrists towards the both of you. She landed a hard hit to Hoseok's temple and she brought her fist down on the top of your head. You flinch and hold Hoseok closer to you as Sooyoung was lifted from the floor and drug away.

"I'll kill you!" Sooyoung shouted as she pounded the back of the officers, "I'll kill you! If it's the last thing I do! You hear me? You're dead!"

~*~

You and Hoseok where gathered with your lawyer and CiCi and Tae. CiCi and Taehyung were to be tried in a couple months for 'stealing' police information, even though they were helping the police the entire time.

Zico's and Namjoon's trial was to be held the following Saturday, and you were extremely nervous for that trial. You couldn't help the sickening feeling in your stomach, you had a bad feeling about being in the same room as those two, but you were to be another witness to testify whatever you knew.

"....and because of Sooyoung's attempted assault on the both of you, the judge has added another 10 years since she assaulted the both of you."

"Wow, twenty years in prison," CiCi hugged herself and gave an unamused smile, "Well, with how things are looking, I'll be joining her in a couple months."

"I won't let that happen!" You interject and practically stamp your foot to the ground, "They can't take you away! You helped people!"

"But they can still charge me for larceny," CiCi rolls her eyes, "Even though I didn't steal anything, my aunt and my father are cops, I hear this stuff all the time! And it's not my fault they leave the stuff lying around all over the place..." CiCi shakes her head and hugs herself more, "I'm sorry I got you into this, Tae."