Chapter 2

You rushed home after school, you had a little bit of hope tugging your heart strings. You really wanted to be in the same group as Hoseok. You wanted to get any chance you could to be with him to happen.

"Mom! Unnie! I'm home!" You say as you open the door to your house, "My school is having a field trip this Friday, I need you guys to sign the permission slip."

"Welcome home, and hand it here, do you have a pen?" You fish into your backpack for the utensil before handing your mom the permission slip and the pen.

"Hey, there's my little sister." Your older sister, Katie, says as she gives you a quick hug, "How was school?"

"It was good," You smile as your sister ruffles your hair.

"Let's see," Your mom takes the permission slip and reads over the slip, "I have to give you money for lunch... and you should be back by regular time." She places the permission slip on the table and quickly squiggles her signature on the paper.

"Thanks, Mom!" You say as you put the permission slip in a folder in your book bag, "How was work, mom?"

"Eh, it was alright. Nothing too exciting."

"Same here," Katie says as she yawns and stretches, "I think I'm going to take a nap."

"I'm going to head to my room to work on some homework." You say as you twirl your pen between your fingers.

"Ok, I'll call you when dinner's ready." You nod your head and make your way to your room.

You close your door behind you and toss your book bag next to your bedside and face plant into your pillow. You let a sigh escape your lips before you turn over and pull your phone out of your pocket. You felt your heart skip a beat when you see that you got a message from Hoseok.

Jung Hoseok 😊: Are you excited for this field trip coming up?

You: Not really, I was surprised that they were being serious about it.

Jung Hoseok 😊: I was too, I haven't been on a field trip in so long and they choose the zoo of all places? We couldn't go to the movies or something?

You smile at his comment and cover your mouth with your hand before responding.

You: You're not wrong.

You waited a few minutes for him to reply and lug your backpack over to you and pull out your history homework. You had a list of vocabulary words you needed to find in the textbook and define the word based off the text. You couldn't look up the words at all, which made the assignment much harder for you.

You: Hey, how come you seemed so tense in class today? After you found out we were going to the zoo you started to look nervous...

Jung Hoseok 😊: It wasn't anything important...

You: Oh, alright. I just wanted to make sure that you were ok.

Jung Hoseok 😊: I'm fine, you don't have to worry about me!

You: But I do, someone has to.

Jung Hoseok 😊: Thank you, Y/N.

Jung Hoseok 😊: Hey, I have a question.

You: Mhm?

You set your phone aside for awhile and begin your word hunt. You had your list of words and you try to find each one's page before you begin your definition writing.

Halfway through the list, your phone goes off again.

Jung Hoseok 😊: I need your help, I really want to ask Sooyoung out during the field trip. Do you have any tips that could help me?