Chapter 42

You sit on your bed with your knees up to your chest, you were dressed in an oversized hoodie and sweatpants. You wanted every inch of your body covered, you could still feel Jiho's burning gaze traveling over your skin. You could still feel his breath against your ear, you could still feel his touch grabbing at your body and you curl into yourself more.

You had been flinching at every noise that sounded for the past hour, the chirping of birds, the sound of the air conditioning going through the vents, the terrifying sound of footsteps going by your door. You had shoved as many things in front of your door as possible, anything that you could move by yourself that wouldn't make too much noise was in front of your door. You were only able to wedge a chair under the doorknob and you moved your beside table in front of the chair.

Your head twitches when you hear footsteps approaching your door. You hide underneath your bed and you begin to hyperventilate.

"Y/N?" You hear Namjoon's muffled voice and you cover your mouth with your hand to keep from responding, "Y/N? Can we talk?"

You stayed silent and you were barely breathing. You hear the doorknob twist and the chair screeches against the flooring as it's being pushed.

"You tried to barricade your door?" Namjoon's voice comes out in a soft chuckle, "Come out, Y/N, please?"

You shake your head, even though he couldn't see you directly. He knew exactly where you were anyways. Namjoon smiles at how childish you were when you were scared, he slowly shakes his head before he crouches next to the side of the bed. He tilts his head as he sees you staring back at him.

He gives a warm smile, "There you are, I was getting worried that you left me again." He motions for you to come out and you shake your head again, "Come on out, Y/N. I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to talk."

"N-No," You stutter out, "J-Jiho... he.. he'll—"

"Jiho," Namjoon says sternly, "Isn't going to bother you ever again. I've made sure of it."

You didn't know what to be more afraid of, Jiho, or the ideas that come into your head when Namjoon spoke his words.

As if he never said anything, Namjoon sticks his arm out closer to you and smiles again, "I bet you're hungry, don't you want to eat? It's getting late in the day, we can make whatever it is you want. What do you want to eat?"

"Can... Can we have chicken parmesan? That sounds great right about now." Your voice is just above a whisper and Namjoon's smile couldn't help but grow bigger.

"Of course, but you have to come out, baby." You slowly place your hand in his and crawl out from underneath the bed. You immediately cling to Namjoon when you both sit up and he wraps his arms around you protectively. He places a kiss to the top of your head and holds you close to his chest.

"He won't hurt you again," Namjoon whispers when he feels you begin to shake, "He's going to apologize for what he's done to you, and I'm not leaving you alone with him ever again. I promise."

You two hold each other what feels like an eternity, you felt a false sense of comfort and security in his arms. You didn't ever want to leave them. What was wrong with you? Why did you feel so... so invited? So welcomed?

At home?

This man took you from everything, and yet, in this moment, you didn't want to leave.

That's when you fell in love with your captor.

~*~

"So, how exactly do you make chicken parmesan?" Namjoon asks as he holds your hand and you walk to the kitchen. Your eyes were darting all over the room, trying to make sure Jiho was no were to be found.

"J-Just look up a recipe, I'm sure you'll cook just fine." You cling onto his arm and he looks down at you concerned at how frightened you were.

"Jiho is at work, honey, he's not here."

"You promise?" You look up at him with your big E/C eyes and he pecks the top of your forehead.

"I promise, why don't you go and pick a movie for us to watch, and I'll start cooking. Ok?" You nod your head and slowly let go of Namjoon. You walk over to where they had their tv remote and you turn the gigantic flat screen on.

"What movie do you want to watch?" You call out as you begin to search for the perfect movie.

"Anything is fine, love. Whatever you want to see."

"Can we watch Ready Player One?" You say as you pull up the title, Namjoon confirms and you cheer happily to yourself.

You pull a pillow from the couch and pull it close to you as you press play. You're curled up on the couch and you look like a small child.

Namjoon's smile wouldn't go away as he began to prep the chicken. You actually held him, you came to him, you weren't scared of him anymore. You wanted to spend time with him.

He really liked that.

Namjoon constantly looks up at you while he's cooking and his smile grows bigger.

'I'm so glad you trust me now, babygirl.' Namjoon softly hums as he continues his work, 'I'll work hard at keeping it.'

________________________________

A/N: Kind of short, I'm sorry 😂 I couldn't figure out how to make this chapter interesting by itself, but in the next batch of chapters it'll get more interesting. I think it'll be more on Hoseok's side of the story...idk, I'm not sure yet. I'll figure it out 😂