Chapter 3

You couldn't help but sulk as you sat in the desk chair, the past two days seemed to fly as you hold onto your phone in your hand and wait for everything to be ready for your school to get on the buses. You remember the conversation you had with Hoseok two days ago and you constantly tear up just imagining what was supposed to happen today, but you always held your tears back enough so they wouldn't spill.

"Alright class," Your teacher announces as she holds up multiple sheets of paper before she begins to pass them around, "I have assigned groups, find your name and the chaperone you will be with. The bus you will ride will also be on the paper."

You shakily grab the page from your teacher and scan for three names, yours, Hoseok's, and Sooyoung's. You eyes water as you slowly reach the end of the list with none of your names in sight. Your heart hammers in your chest, the thoughts of the worst fill your head.

To your dismay, you find all three of your names in the same group. Your shoulders shake and you discretely wipe a hand over your face as you stare at the three names. Did your teacher have a grudge against you somehow?

You sigh through your nose and grab your headphones from your pocket and place one of the earbuds in, you plug them into your phone and make sure your money was secure in your phone case.

You were all dismissed to go to your buses and you quickly get up and walk out of the room.

"Hey! Y/N!" Your heart skips a beat.

'No, no, God no, not right now! I can't talk to him right now!' You internally panic as you quicken your pace to get away from his beckoning call.

"Y/N!" You bite your lower lip as tears begin to drip down your cheeks. You feel a hand softly grasp your shoulder and you're forced to turn around to look at him.

"Y/N— wait, why are you crying?" His soft voice made your heart ache to hear more of it, but it wasn't your voice to hear.

"It's nothing, I'm listening to a sad song, the... the lyrics are really powerful, y'know?" You quickly wipe your eyes and smile softly, "I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me."

Hoseok gives you an unconvinced smile but he slowly released your shoulder.

"So today's the big day, have you figured out a plan?" You try to control the cracking in your voice as you speak, you sniff softly as Hoseok gives you his signature bright grin.

"I do, there are a lot of flowers around the fountain at the zoo. I was going to pull her over to the side before we leave the zoo and ask her then." You slowly nod and make a mental note to stay away anything that has flowers or fountains for the rest of your life.

"Well, good luck." You say before you quickly walk to the bus you were to get on and practically run to the singular seat in the back of the bus.

You sit in the seat, actually start playing music, place your other earbud in your ear, and curl into yourself. You lay your head against the window and your legs are pressed against the leathered back of the seat in front of you.

You close your eyes as one last tear runs down your cheek, you leave it there to drop from your chin and fall just like you have.

~*~

Hoseok sits impatiently as he waits to get the list from his teacher. He watches her with trained eyes as she slowly approaches his desk. He excitedly takes the page from her and scans for two names, his and Sooyoung's.

He begins to grow excited, hers and his name have yet to come up and he's getting towards the end of the page. His eyes fall on the last grouping and his smile grins, there was his and Sooyoung's name. He also notices that you're in the group with him, he smiles at that too.

Hoseok goes to tell you that you're in the group with him and that he was excited that he got to spend the day with you, but the class was dismissed and you were practically gone in the blink of an eye.

"Hey! Y/N!" Hoseok shouts after you, his smile fades a bit when you didn't respond.

'Can she not hear me?'

"Y/N!" Hoseok calls again as he easily catches up to you, he softly grabs your shoulder and spins you to look at him.

"Y/N— wait, why are you crying?" Hoseok asks as he looks at the streaks spilling down your cheeks, your eyes were red and puffy, you were sniffling. Why were you like this? Who made you cry?

"It's nothing," You say, "I'm listening to a sad song the... the lyrics are really powerful, y'know?"

You wipe your eyes and sniff, Hoseok feels a constriction in his chest as he watches you cry. He wanted to pull you into a hug and hold you until you stopped crying, he hated seeing his friends cry.

"I'm fine, really. Don't worry about me." Hoseok feels as if there's something more behind the words you say. He was so skeptical, but he didn't want to push you.

He gave you a half smile and releases your shoulder.

"So today's the big day, have you figured out a plan?" Y/N asks and Hoseok feels joy bubbling inside himself that he can't contain his genuine smile.

"I do, there are a lot of flowers around the fountain at the zoo. I was going to pull her over to the side before we leave the zoo and ask her then." Hoseok beams at his plan, but he sees sadness dance across your vision. He doesn't know why, but he can't stop smiling, regardless of seeing you sad. Just thinking of Sooyoung made him too happy, he couldn't contain his feelings.

You nod your head before speaking, "Well, good luck."

Before he could register you were already rushing to the bus. He furrowed his brow as he watched you retreat from him.

"There's something wrong," he mutters to himself, "I'm going to figure out what it is."