Chapter 30

You fiddle with your fingers as you sit in the interrogation room. You constantly lick and bite your lips, you really didn't know what connections you had to this case at all, but they held you here anyways.

You hear the door open and your eyes widen, "O-Officer Hayoon."

"Greetings, how are you holding up?"

"I'm better, thank you." Officer Hayoon sits in front of you and places a Manila folder on the table.

"Y/N, you know I care about you, right?"

You give her a quizzical look and the officer sighs before she opens the folder and shows you pictures of Sooyoung at a diner.

"Since I care about you, I also have to care about Park Sooyoung as much as I do you. We need your help."

"My help? Why do you need my help?"

Hayoon taps the body of a man that's sitting in front of Sooyoung. You tilt your head as you look at the picture.

"We were hoping that you knew whoever it was she was with the day before she went missing." You furrow your brow as you stare at the picture, the man was wearing a black beanie and the camera was facing his entire backside.

"Do you have any better pictures?" You ask as you look at the photos, none of them showed the man's face, they were all just angled pictures of Sooyoung.

"I'm afraid not, the diner didn't have enough money to instal security cameras all around the building. Those are the best pictures we could get."

You slowly shake your head and slide the pictures back to Hayoon, "I'm sorry, but I can't tell who that is." Hayoon nods her head slowly before taking the pictures back and shoving them in the folder.

"There's something else I would like to talk with you about," She takes a pause in her words and folds her hands together before looking you in the eye, "Your poisoning was a rather strange thing, don't you think?"

"Of course," You say, "I didn't even know I was poisoned until I got sick in the waiting area."

"We have reason to suspect that you and Hoseok were attacked on the same night, only you took longer to react to whatever was supposed to knock you out." Hayoon pulls out a row of finger prints and shows them to you, "These are Park Sooyoung's fingerprints, would you like to know what they have to do with you?"

You absentmindedly nod your head as you listen.

"The same prints were found on the crucial piece that was involved with your attack." You furrow your brows and look utterly confused, Hayoon holds a hand up for you to hold your questions as she begins to explain, "Because we found the bottle that contained the chlorine in her dresser drawer, her prints were all over the vial, but hers weren't the only ones."

"She had a partner?" Hayoon gives you a look you couldn't read.

"We believe so, we believe that whoever hosts those prints was the person who attacked Hoseok." Your eyes widened like a deer in headlights, you couldn't believe what you were hearing. Sooyoung and someone else deliberately tried to hurt you, you didn't know whether to be angry at Sooyoung or still try and help her out.

"So I'm no longer a prime suspect?" You ask and Hayoon nods.

"You're free from suspicion, however, we still need your help finding Sooyoung. We don't believe she was kidnapped, we believe she went missing because she's running away." Hayoon leans back in her chair and looks at you, "And we have reason to believe that she might attack you again."

"H-How do you know that?"

"That's confidential, but we are going to take the necessary precautions and we are temporarily moving you and Hoseok to a new location. We've talked to both sets of parents already and they decided it would be best if you all stay together so it would be easier to protect you." Hayoon stands up and opens the door for you, "Your mother and sister are already at work, I'm taking you and Hoseok to your homes so you can pack some things."