Chapter 36

A/N: ^ Jiho's singing compilation just in case no one has heard his voice before or no one knows how soft/deep his voice is/isn't. I had a speed rap compilation in the previous chapter so I thought, why not?

________________________________

The next day, the boys decided they were going to alternate their days with you. Today would be your day with Jiho, and he was so excited for what he had in store. You weren't going anywhere significant, you two were just going to the pool they had outside in their backyard.

You hugged yourself as you stare into the mirror, you wore a navy blue one piece swimsuit. You made up in your mind that you were trying to survive this kidnapping, that whatever your actions did were to survive and to survive only. Nothing more, nothing less.

You hear a soft knock at the door. Jiho's soft voice barely goes through the thick wooden door.

"Y/N/N? Are you ready to swim?"

"Yeah, one second though!" You say as you quickly grab an oversized tee and throw it over yourself, you felt a bit self conscious after hearing Jiho's voice, you didn't want him to see your body.

You slowly open the door and you're met with a bright smile and a shirtless man. He passes you a stripped towel while he has his plain white one strung over his shoulders.

He holds out his hand for you to take and laces his fingers with yours, the feeling of his hand was foreign, but his hand was soft and warm. Jiho hums as you both descend the stairs and Namjoon is sitting in the den, the history channel playing on the wide TV screen.

"We'll be at the pool!" Jiho shouts as he opens the sliding glass door, "When you see us we'll be all wrinkles!"

"Just don't get my carpet dirty!" Namjoon hollers and Jiho giggles as he closes the door behind you.

"Last one in the pool is a Joonie!" Jiho shouts as he throws his towel and sunglasses onto the lawn chairs and races to the water. You felt your heartbeat speed up as you throw your things down and you chase him, Jiho mockingly runs in slow motion and allows you to catch up. When you did, you grabbed onto his arm and kept him from running off, he slowly pulls himself to the ground and you use the opportunity to race to the pool.

When your feet hit the edge, you leap as far as you can and you're soon surrounded by the surprisingly warm water. You breech through the surface and gulped a big breath of air.

"The water feels great!" You cheer and Jiho slowly walks over to the edge, sits down, and lets his feet soak in the water.

"We keep it to a moderate temperature, when it gets to winter time we set up these tarps from the door all the way around to block out the freezing air. And since we have a thermometer and the water is salt water, well, we have our own yearly pool." Jiho shrugs and you let your toes touch the bottom of the pool, you slowly walk over to Jiho and you tilt your head.

"Are you not coming in?"

"I will," Jiho smiles down at you and ruffles your wet hair, "How well can you swim?"

"Decent, I suppose. I'm no Olympian, but I can swim in deep water."

"Good," Jiho nods before pointing at the end of the pool, "It goes up to 330 centimeters (11ft), you think you can swim in that?"

"If not I can at least float in it." You say as you finally reach Jiho. You feign a concerned expression and you point behind him, "What is that?"

Your panicking voice causes Jiho to immediately snap his head in the direction of your finger, "What? I don't see anything."

You take the opportunity to pull him by his arms and Jiho is pulled into the water. Jiho flails a bit before he stands up and frowns.

"Hey! Why did you do that?"

"We're supposed to be swimming, Jiho." You remind the boy. Something about you saying his actual name made his heart flutter, he couldn't stay mad at you, not even for a moment.

"Can I," Jiho bites his lower lip and he can't make eye contact with you, "Can I try something?"

You feel your heart stop, you knew what he wanted. What would he do if you rejected? You saw the damage they had done to Sooyoung's body, even if she was wearing a jumpsuit. You didn't want that to happen to you, you apologized to Hoseok over and over in your head.

You swallow hard and force the words from your mouth, "Sure."

'Dear God, Hoseok, I'm sorry... I'm so, so sorry! I don't want to do this, I don't! I promise!.......

But I have to survive...'

Jiho smiles a bit before he softly presses his lips to yours, his fingertips pressed lightly under your chin. You mentally apologize again as you slowly kiss him back, you catch Jiho off guard, but he continues the kiss anyways. He tilts his head to the side and softly pulls your bottom lip with his teeth before he backs away.

His smile is wide as he looks at you, his face just as red as yours, "Thank you, baby."

You only nod before you begin to swim, you go underneath the water and angrily swipe at your lips as you swim into the deeper water. You stayed under until your lungs begin to burn. However, you didn't feel like you got that damnable kiss off your lips.

You surface and gasp for air, you wipe your eyes and look around. Jiho was gone.

"Jiho?" You call out as you look around, "Zic? Zico!" No answer, you begin to search the water to see if you could find him, nothing.

"This isn't funny, Zic!"

You hear Jiho surface and he looks at you, "What's not funny?"

"Jesus, how long did you stay under there?" You shout and lightly tap his arm.

"Not much longer than you, why? Did my little babygirl get worried about me?" Jiho pouts before he pulls you into a hug. You stiffen up when you feel his bare upper half touching your body.

"Maybe just a little bit." You mutter, it wasn't a lie, Jiho is the more gentle one here, you didn't want to be left alone with Namjoon, the more dominant and harsher one of the pair. Despite Jiho's age, he still conforms to Namjoon's assertiveness. In this pack, Namjoon is the alpha male,

And you his alpha female.

But it raises the question, why does Namjoon let Jiho touch you? Why does Namjoon even allow time for you two to be alone together? His possessiveness is evident, so why does he allow this?

"You're thinking something," Jiho muses as he kisses your cheek, "You're trying to figure out Namjoon?"

"Sort of," Jiho turns you so your back is pressed against his chest, his arms are wrapped tightly against his waist, he rests his head on your shoulder, "I don't understand him at all."

"You don't have to understand him," Jiho gently sways you back and forth, "He's a mystery to himself."

"That sounds so sad."

"It is, but he finds solace in you, he finds his true self in you." Jiho snorts softly and he rests his head in the crook of your neck, "I can't say I don't do the same."

"But why me? What makes me so special?" You furrow your brow as you look through the glass door, Namjoon was still watching TV, but he seems more relaxed now, as if weight finally released him.

"Because you're not corrupted by the world, you're still the same girl we met so long ago. You didn't ever change." Jiho turns your head to look at him, his dark eyes are lit up by the sun reflecting off of them, "You're still the girl I fell in love with."

"Zic..." You were at a loss for words, you slowly got lost in his eyes. They reminded you of Hoseok's so much, how the light bounces off of them, how they looked at you as if you were an injured animal.

"You don't have to say anything," Jiho whispered as he rests his forehead against yours, just like Hoseok had done, his nose gently grazes yours, "Just stay with me like this....

Just a little longer...."