Chapter 22

You wake up feeling as if your body is on fire. Your mouth felt completely dry and you pry your eyes open.

"Water...." You groan zombie-like, "I need water."

You hear shuffling around you and a cup of water is brought to your lips and someone's hand is tilting your head up. You greedily gulp the water down and immediately ask for more when it was finished.

"Y/N?" You hear your mother's soft voice and you turn your head to look at her, "How do you feel, honey?"

"I feel like I'm on fire, can I please take a cold shower or something? I'm burning up." Your mother slowly nods her head and tells you she's going to get the doctor to see if it's ok for you to bathe.

Katie comes back with your refilled cup of water and carefully hands it to you, "Here. Let me know if you want more." You thank your sister and your shaky hands bring the cup to your lips.

Katie sighs and takes a seat next to your bed, "Y/N? Do you know why you're in the hospital?"

You set your halfway empty cup down and look at her while shaking your head. Katie sighs and she takes your hand in both of hers.

"The doctors discovered that you had chlorine poisoning," Katie slowly utters out, "Y/N why would you drink chlorine?"

"I didn't!" You protest and Katie looks at you like you've told her a thousand lies at one, "I'm serious, Katie! I would never do that!"

"Then how did you get chlorine poisoning?" Your face falls as you hear Katie's voice cracking, her face was red and puffy, she doesn't even blink while she stares at you, "Why are you here, then? If you didn't do it? Who did, and why did they do it?"

"I don't know!" You stutter out, "I had the same questions when Hoseok was admitted to the— Hoseok... where is he?"

"He's in his room," Katie says and you give her only a look before she nods her head and leaves to exit the room, as she leaves, your mother comes back.

"Sadly, you can't take an actual bath but I can always give you a sponge bath." You slightly cringe at those words and immediately shake your head no.

"Can I just get a cold rag?" You ask and your mom nods her head, she gives you a kiss on the forehead and she leaves the bathroom door open so she can keep an eye on you.

"The doctors are going to come as soon as possible and give you something to help break your fever," Your mother says as she brings the rag back and presses it lightly against your face and your neck before settling it on your forehead. You groan in contentment and you close your eyes. You slur a thanks to your mother sleepily.

"Y/N?" You snap your eyes open and hold the rag to your head as you sit up, you break out into a huge smile.

"Hobi..." You say so soft that he could barely hear it. He rushes over to you and hugs you tightly, you try to bring him as close to you as possible, afraid that if you loosened up just a little bit he would disappear.

"I'm here, baby." Hoseok kisses the side of your head and strokes your hair, "I'm right here, I got you."

"I know," You burry your head into the crook of his neck and take in his scent, "Don't ever let go."

Hoseok gave a soft laugh as he squeezed you, "They'd have to bring in the jaws of life in order to pry me off of you." You giggle at his words, somehow, with him here, everything feels so much better. So much safer, you didn't fully understand how, but it didn't phase you.

You were just glad to have your Hobi back.

~*~

"Zico, what the hell are you doing?" Namjoon whisper shouts as Zico dresses into a doctor's uniform.