(2) whoops, you looked

Seiko quietly bowed to the teacher as she concluded class, leaving the room while the chatter erupted through the students. Picking up her bag, she placed it onto her shoulder and glanced over at Shoji beside her.

"Will you be applying for U.A. as well, Seiko-chan?" Shoji questioned.

"Of course." She replied, beginning to make her way to the door. "Maybe I'll see you there tommorrow, Shoji!"

He nodded and waved back, turning his attention back to the group of students nearby who were discussing the packets before them.

Seiko had to go to U.A. Highschool. She was determined. It wasn't as if there was another option. If you wanted to find the best information about any pro-hero, that was the beacon for any desperate villain.

Walking out of the campus, the girl's demeanor shifted as she veered away from the bustling crowds. Seiko eyed the area, making sure that no citizens were trailing after her. Entering a quieter alleyway, the girl's eye looked aside and waited for the familiar void to appear.

"Ku-kun!" Seiko smiled, glowing with pride as she pulled out the files from her bag.

"Hey, Sei-chan." Kurogiri replied, making his way through the portal.

He watched in amusement as the girl latched around his suit, chuckling when she let go and flung the files carelessly about. The girl, along with Tomura, had been in the League since the early days, and Kurogiri would risk life and limb to protect the goal of the League. As Second-in-Command, All for One himself ordered the misty-figure to be the caretaker of Seiko. He agreed, hesitantly at first. Now the man cared for the girl shamelessly—but don't tell that to his face, he would be quite embarrassed.

"By the way, some of the information is outdated." Seiko continued, voice growing serious while handing off the files. "Those idiotic heroes, can't even keep tabs on those they work with."

"Well, look at us, Seiko. Lounging around the city without a single hero holding a knife to our throats."

She giggled, raising a finger to her lips in mock thoughtfulness. "What's a hero when there's no crowd, Ku-kun?~"

That was her philosophy, after all. The heroes were popularity-obsessive scum who worked for nothing more than public acknowledgement. When there was at least one citizen that could praise a hero, they would fight for the right of mankind. A joke, honestly. Boil it down, and there was no reason for heroism other than selfish gain. They would chase chaos, and were the ones who even brought it upon themselves. They created destruction in order to rise on top. They thrived in violence, and it infuriated her to no end.

If they could do it, why couldn't the villains do it too? A lack of moral compass? She could laugh at the thought. Morals, goodness, righteousness...they were nothing more than some social construct to create a sense of stability. Humans were born for survival. Evolution. Heroes only slowed the process. There was no evil when there was no good, which meant, to Seiko, it didn't matter at all.

Then there was a loud gasp beside the duo. "Villains..."

Seiko and Kurogiri instantly turned to the figure, a middle aged man stumbling out of one of the building's exits, a package of likely stolen alcohol in his hands. He froze in his spot, his desperation to grab his phone only causing it to fall out of his grasp.

"Villains~?" Seiko mocked, Kurogiri remaining silent and efficiently porting himself to block the rear of the alleyway. "Come on, man, have some respect."

"I-I...excuse me?"

She looked at Kurogiri's yellow pupils, and tilted her head in questioning. Witnesses?

He shook his head. None.

The man was nearly pissing his pants, now on the floor during their silent discussion and stumbling about to find his phone. Seiko rolled her eyes, planting her heel into the man's back and effectively pinning him to the floor.

"No witnesses, says Ku-kun~." Seiko sang, a thrum sounding along her hands as she raised her fingers in a gun-like shape towards the man.

"Wait...no, no! Please! I won't—"

A sudden, blinding beam erupted from her fingertips. With a thud, it shot into the ground and straight through the man's skill; Kurogiri only winced at the light.

The girl only blew her fingertips, the bandages on her fingers now singed and the light-ports on her fingers still glowing. Eyeing the mutilated man on the floor, Seiko grimaced at the growing smell. She, of course, didn't want to analyze the corpse. The man was probably some low life scum hopping around and thieving for nothing more than temporary highs.

[Quirk: Day, allows user to emit manipulated light wavelengths in the condensed form of lasers. Most beneficial when in direct light, the user uses ports located on the fingers, palm, and feet soles to conduct such beams. Original Quirk used by hero—<error>]

Seiko eyed the body. "Master won't be mad, right, Ku-kun?"

With a quick motion, Kurogiri created a portal that sent the man's corpse into another location. "No witnesses, remember? You'll be fine."

"Master will be happy?"

He nodded, not at all unsettled at Seiko's smile. "Of course. I'll see you soon, Sei-chan." With that, the villain stepped through his own portal.

She turned around with a breath, Seiko now smiling as she made her way back to the busy streets. There was a clear skip in the girl's step after mentioning her beloved Master. If anyone was truly paying attention, it was almost concerning when Seiko's expression conveyed some sort of unbridled joy.

"Make Master happy~"

Seiko would have it no other way.

*

The girl didn't exactly know how to explain her condition. The sense of emotion was a foreign concept to her. Yes, she could play along—it wasn't too hard to imitate the many feeling of those around her—but it was strange. Happiness? It was just a bunch of neurotransmitters and chemicals in your brain. Sadness? Same thing. How does one define it other than a simple chemical function of the brain?

That was what she was raised to understand, after all.

Seiko didn't quite grasp it. But it was okay, because Master accepted her.

Her family wasn't bad, if anything it was perfect. They had their differences, if your mother being a villain and your father being a hero was normal, but somehow they still came about to creating her. But then they told her they were going on a trip. It was supposedly a fun outing; Master said it was their version of hide and seek. Hide from the Heroes that will search you out; they want to kill you.

Her mom left messages through Master, that she was busy and she loved her very much. She never met her daughter.

Her father didn't have to leave anything behind, he took her in after a few years. Her dad seemed strange to her, though. A hero? And he wanted to take care of her? Insane, if anything. If he was one of he ones that wanted her to die, why would he protect her? He was weird. But he's dead now...so it was too late for Seiko to truly understand.

She was shocked out of her thoughts when a scream rang out from nearby, Seiko rolling her eyes. Another crime another hero...

"Help!!" Then Seiko heard the familiar voice of fox-chan, finally walking towards the thick crowd.

Many had their phones out, and others looked on in concern. Yet no one made any effort to step forward and help. Whoa, a moral predicament, and Seiko rolled her eyes.

"Where's the hero now, huh..."

____

Thanks for reading

-Jansege