(40) in the loop

When Class 1-A heard that one of their star students was found unconscious, it was reassured they visited her later that evening. Seiko woke up disoriented when the heads of her classmates peered into her line of sight. The situation only progressed when many of them screamed out in worry for the girl, people like Uraraka latching onto her forearms and nearly crying out in relief.

"Nakano-san!! Are you feeling better?!" Uraraka fussed, nearly laying across the students bed.

Seiko frowned groggily, voice cracking as she spoke. "Huh? Why are you all in my room?"

"She's fine!!" Mina cried out, hugging the girl's torso.

The boys uncomfortably watched the girls' exchange, not sure how to react; they were nearly in tears, and it was more than obvious Seiko was still unsure what was even happening.

"Mic-sensei said you fainted of exhaustion," Shoji elaborated calmly. "I told you to take care of yourself, Seiko."

She sweat dropped, hiding the relief that settled in her with a flushed grin. "Ahh, sorry~. I tend to get carried away with training."

"This is why we always tell you about it, Nakano-San!!" Hagakure scolded, sitting on her bed as well. "The provisional exams are coming, which means we're always training, but that doesn't mean you can risk pushing too hard..."

The girls around her grew in volume, but Midoriya kept uncharacteristically to himself. He was worried for the girl, undoubtedly, but it was also a bit weird. He knew that Nakano was quite the strong fighter, but she wasn't reckless. Maybe he just never noticed her relentlessness during training as well. He'd have to note that.

"Wait! We must allow Nakano-san rest properly as we still have training tomorrow!!" Iida jutted his arms forwards, gesturing for the class to leave. "Allow her the substantial amount of time to recuperate, everyone! Please leave in an orderly fashion!!"

Seiko blinked slowly as goodbye's were thrown her way, and before she could fully comprehend what was happening, her door shut behind the last student. What had just happened?

She shook her head, shifting to her rear and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed. With a lot more effort than she would admit, Seiko stood on her feet. It was only a moment when her head spun, the girl falling back onto her futon in a daze. This whole endeavor took a lot more out of her than she anticipated, and she still wasn't even close to being finished. The girl had to clear out any risk of exposure...there was still another person.

She huffed. This drawback was much more severe than any other quirk she received from master by far. Master knew she could handle it, though. Seiko knew he planned accordingly.

master... An inexplicable feeling of resentment sat like a brick in her stomach.

Simply remembering that her reason for living itself was behind bars and unreachable left a foul taste in her mouth. Rather than leave her immobile in regret, her former hopelessness transformed into fury. Seiko didn't allow it to show, but her desire to restore her beloved Master's power fueled her.

And, despite the aches and cries of her muscles, Seiko forced herself fully onto her feet. Hobbling to her door, she made sure it was locked and padded her way over to the desk.

The repercussion of the memory quirk alone was a lot to handle, Seiko noting down on a binder paper thoughtfully. If she wanted to be capable of utilizing all her abilities, both in and out of the League and UA, she needed to draw a line of which quirks settled with who, and how to properly deal with all the drawbacks. They could not bleed over into each other. Each mask had a different story, and she had to ensure they did not blur.