(9) it's a theme park(?)

The hero training came up the following day, Class 1-A elated to get their quirks up and ready. After Iida's fruitless attempts to get Class 1-A seated on the bus in a well-mannered order, all the students shuffled about into seats without any regard for the class rep. Sure, some of them felt bad, but the bus seating wasn't even close to what he imagined.

Seiko intended to sit beside Shoji, stopping herself when Sero jumped into the seat beside him. Well that sucks. Everyone was pushing into the bus, and Seiko was left with two completely jarring options: Todoroki or Bakugo?

With that, she settled into the seat beside Todoroki.

He only glanced over for a moment, and looked back to his phone. Seiko didn't mind, though, looking down at hers as well.

Seiko:'D [Sent: 1:00pm]

Tomu, we're 15 minutes otw~~

TomuTomu [Recieved: 1:01pm]

K

She pouted. What a thrilling reply.

"Nakano-san, what is your quirk?"

She looked up from her phone with a jolt, Ochako in the row to her left turned around and smiling at her. The other students in the center aisle facing one another slowed in their discussion about their own quirks, now interested in what was happening.

"It should be called Iron Maiden," Aoyama swooned, his hands flying dramatically about his face. "After having so many similarities to Iron Man, it is only fitting!~"

Seiko shook her head. "Oh, no you guys. I don't deserve that sort of title."

"Really though, how does it work, Nakano-san?" Izuku questioned, his eyes practically glowing with excitement.

"Well, it's a Light-based quirk, sort of." The blue-haired girl raised her hands to the group, everyone ahh-ing in surprise when the saw the ports on her fingertips and palms. "There's another on my foot too...I'm not too sure about the manifestation or secrets of it, but I kind of distort and compress light wavelengths through my body. My nervous system is almost like electrical wiring, so that's why when our team faced with Kaminari-san I wasn't terribly affected by him."

"Then how'd you guess my quirk so easily?" He interrupted, eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"It's your hair, idiot." Eijiro laughed.

"Well, I also have a second quirk..." Seiko mumbled, and that got everyone's attention (even Todoroki was peeking through his sleeping-facade). "If I meet the eyes of another student, I can read their most present thoughts, as well as get basic information on them. Stuff like names, quirks, and all that Jazz...."

This time, Izuku froze up. No way.

Then she laughed, catching herself before she explained too much. "But sometimes it doesn't work, so it's honestly not too beneficial."

The green-haired boy almost melted in relief. He nearly broke his promise to All Might so often already. One more time and his little heart probably wouldn't take it.

"What am I thinking of now!!" Denki shouted, nearly leaping out of his seat towards Seiko.

"Hamburgers." Seiko mumbled, at which everyone in the bus broke into laugher.

His jaw, however, dropped in awe. "She's right!!!"

She glanced over the group, and for a moment met Jiro's eyes. "Oh! Kyoka-San noticed that your fly is down."

He jumped back into his seat in surprise, turning around clumsily and fiddling with his pants. The class was rocking about in teasing and laughter. The girl had to admit she was surprised at the fun-natured behavior of the wanna-be heroes, ever so often forgetting just why she was there in the first place.