(43) the irony

<"We'll be having you conduct rescues as 'bystanders' at this disaster site!! ">

Seiko deadpanned, her attention flying up to the screen before the students. Of course, all of 1-A had passed the first exam. It wasn't long before they all congregated together in their own little corner, excitedly chatting amongst themselves about their eventful encounters in the arena. The girl was interested in hearing about a little shape-shifter quirk roaming around Shiketsu, but before she could interrogate Midoriya more about his story, the speakers were blaring out the next test.

<"You will not be acting as ordinary citizens, but as people who have already secured a provisional license. This will be a test of your aptitude for rescue operations.">

Shoji stood up beside Seiko. "There are people there..." he murmured.

"So they're making all of us go all in, huh." Seiko replied, noting the countless shocked exclamations that dotted about the room. "I'd hope we can work together well enough~."

"If they're going to judge us off of our cooperation and rescue skills, we need to stay grouped." Shoji continued, glancing down at the girl.

There was a pause.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

There was a sly glimmer in the boy's eyes, and Seiko tensed. Before she could even take off, Shoji's limbs reached out and wrapped around her waist, hoisting her up. She sighed dramatically, purposely falling limp in his hold and ignoring the surprised stares of other students around them. The girl had to admit, even with her lack of interaction with Shoji since entering U.A., she couldn't deny the fact that he knew her habits quite well since middle school. He didn't have to say much, but he was observant.

"—what are you doing, and right before the test!?"

Yaoyorozu's voice cut into the chattering students, Shoji finally dropping Seiko back with the rest of 1-A. They only offered the duo a nod before going right back into dealing with whatever chaos Denki and Mineta were causing.

A small group of Shiketsu students were just passing by from the U.A. students, but Seiko frowned when the brown-haired girl suddenly stumbled. Holding onto Seiko's shoulder in surprise, she looked to her in apology.

"Oh, whoopsie~! My bad!"

She nodded blankly, but Seiko bit back a smirk when she met the Shiketsu girl's eyes. oh?

And with that, Seiko let her go. Watching her receding figure, she saw the slight glare Inasa shot at her from afar before the group finally went away. Quite the development, hmm...

"L-Let's go closer to everyone, Nakano-san!" Ochako suddenly appeared, pulling on her classmate's arm with a stiff smile. "Hey, Deku—"

A blaring alarm brought the room to a standstill.

<"A terrorist attack by villains has unfolded! The scope of the damage encompasses the entirety of X City, and the collapsed buildings have injured a great many! The damage to the roads is severe, causing considerable delays to the first responders. The heroes on the scene must lead the rescue efforts until they make it there.">

"Get everyone together!" Iida commanded, arms flying stiffly as he looked around to his classmates. "It is already starting!!"

<"Save as many lives as you can, even if it's just one!!! START!">

The resounding thud of the building collapsing around them left many students still, but a number of others took off without hesitation. Bakugo's explosions left the rest of U.A. coughing and hacking, stumbling around themselves before taking off into the chaos.