(47) the bigger picture

"What the hell even is this?"

Hawks padded his way over to Seiko, pushing past the still fumbling police who were collecting the unconscious criminals. Glimmering under the steady moonlight, the duo looked over the strange syringe-like bullet with curiosity. The group of criminals seemed to fawn over the weapon, lamenting the fact that not once were they able to nail the "heroes" with their devices.

"It's empty now...all of whatever was in there leaked out of the cracks," Seiko muttered, scanning over the item with the same level of befuddlement.

Bizarre, really. Seiko knew a majority of the underground villains' behaviors, and had quite the span of knowledge on the weapons and skills of criminals. These bullets were not on her list.

"Kid, report this to your school when you head back tomorrow. We only have a few more days of internships left, but from the looks of it, we're trodding in a mess I don't really wanna' pick up after."

Voice drawling with exhaustion, Seiko noted the clear interest in Hawk's expression. So he didn't know either, hmm?

By the time Seiko found herself in the teacher's lounge at U.A. the next morning, that was exactly what she relayed to the staff.

The smell of coffee wafted through the air, feet dragging across the floor as the teachers quickly shuffled into their designated seats. Meeting with their little "confidant" became a sort of routine for the staff, Seiko meeting them around twice a month or more if they were growing desperate. From the looks of it, it seemed that the information she provided thus far posed no leads on the League, and conflicted in no way with their current information.

She was grateful for the semblance of reassurance in this sector of her life, because it felt as if everything else was on the downwards spiral of no control. In other worlds, a breath of fresh air from the chaos erupting around her.

"Unknown weaponry?" Aizawa murmured, toying with the juice box in his hands. "The other internship students reported strange criminal activity as well that involved that 'syringe' weapon you've mentioned."

"But the question is where and how are these weapons spreading throughout those underground villains?" Midnight continued. "Unless it's just been an unlikely coincidence, we can only assume there is a common source for these activities."

Seiko remained silent. Better to remain silent as always during these meetings than risk accidentally exposing too much~.

"What of the League? Is there any involvement with them?" Her homeroom teacher turned in her direction, expression indecipherable.

"There's been word of some other 'group' they've been collaborating with." The attention on her grew tenfold (which was no surprise; although she claimed that her position in the League was a 'minor but secret' role, any information from a direct source was worthwhile). "I'm not high enough to know of just who they are, I'm sure whoever it is, they're the ones providing these new weapons."

Silence settled over the group. The stakes were high with this situation. There were already a number of occurrences where quirks were being lost by victims of these heinous crimes, and Seiko's validation that there was another force behind it solidified their fears.

Nezu was unafraid to stand at his seat. "Then it is true...the League has made contact with the Eight Precepts of Death."

how did they...

Nakano refused to show her surprise, fingers twitching ever-so-slightly at the principal's quick deduction. Unless there was a member who's IQ was low enough to simply give out the League's plans to the heroes, Seiko was nearly positive the trail was much too ambiguous for the teachers to realize. Who was the damn idiot to give it away?