(46) play the part

i don't want to trust him. tomu already said that overhaul is obviously too suspicious of a character to associate with, but he also says that we need more people on the league's side. but overhaul is nothing but bad news. he's much too obsessed with his pursuit to bring the mafia back into the country, and we don't need more lunatics. that role's already taken. but...we need someone strong—

"Earth to Nakano. Just because Midoriya has returned doesn't mean you can clock out, kid."

Seiko flinched, face erupting red as her focus snapped to the front of the classroom. Her classmates simply chuckled, Aizawa's glare only directed right at her. Whoops.

"Sorry, Aizawa-Sensei." She mumbled, awkwardly planting her palms on the desk.

It had been three days since the opening ceremonies. Three days since Seiko last had contact with Tomura. Three days since she was given the responsibility to figure out the next action of the League.

What a wonderful week so far.

Never mind the group of seniors that waltzed into the classroom with strange conviction, Seiko had a literal "life or death" decision on her shoulders. Magne was killed at the hands of Overhaul, and Mr. Compress's quirk was no longer active. The pseudo-mafia's were knocking down League members one by one, but they wanted their help.

It was risky to offer their services, because no one would be there to stop the Eight-Hands-or-Whatever-They're-Called from taking more members down. Seiko, Tomura, and Kurogiri had become the backbone of the League since All for One's capture. There were other supporters out there, but Kurogiri explained outright they were resources they should keep under wraps for now (Something about some doctor they wanted to keep handy?)

So Seiko was passive when the blonde up front screamed about some team-up battle, shuffling alongside the class and joining their chatter mindlessly. She brushed past the only female of the senior trio, who's gaze was locked onto Seiko.

"Oh, you!" With a strong grip, the older female whipped Seiko in front of herself, a smile consuming her face. "You're that kid! The one who had the field work with Hawks!!"

Blinking owlishly, Seiko's demeanor only wilted more, now as red as a strawberry. "O-Oh! I am—yes, I am."

Her stammering went ignored.

"I'm Hadou Nejire! My sensei raved about the rumored U.A. Student that was giving that bird a run for his money! 'Good riddance to his ego!' She said!!" Limbs were swinging, voices were squealing; Seiko wasn't sure what was even going on.

The blond slinked behind his classmate, his endless grin now pointed at Seiko. "Laser-Girl, or what they called you at least. You and the Half-and-Half stole a lot of the show a few months back! We've got high hopes for the lot of you!"

With a firm smack to her shoulder, he sent her off with her classmates. While they all panicked and offered scattered words of congratulations, the girl only sputtered blurbs of confusion.

"W-What just happened?"

Hagakure's invisible hand wrapped around her arm, tugging her along. "That was the Big Three! The brooding one was off to the side, but you got a lot of their attention!!"

"That's super cool, Nakano-San!" Mono gushed.

"Embarrassing, if anything." Her face remained red throughout the praise.

"Speaking of 'embarrassing'," a voice cut in, and the girls all froze up when Aizawa trudged to the group. "Nakano-San, you're going to be heading somewhere else with me."

Complaints followed, sliced by another stony glare from the teacher. With a slight shrug, Seiko waved off her classmates.

"I'll see you guys later! I'd wish you luck..." She chuckled nervously. "...but I have a feeling I might need it more."