(11) okay

By the time Seiko was pulled by Eijiro to stand near the gathered boys, she already sensed defeat. It was mortifying, how something she had helped plan so elaborately was flipped on its head.

Wow, failure was painful.

Eijiro, Izuku, Bakugo, and Todoroki around her were in intense discussion, trying to find some way around being told to stand back and watch the battle. They insisted that they needed to fight. They needed to somehow help the oh-so weak Beacon of Peace.

The girl was thankful her visor and mask were still concealing her face, because she was staring warily back and forth between the sides. For one, she should remain disguised, but her closest companions were taking a beating. The heroes' famed and beloved All Might was beating those so dear to her into a messy pulp; what sort of sick reality was this?

They were meant to be reduced to nothing because they weren't good? Because, what they felt was true wasn't right to the rest of them?

It just only cemented the glaring error of their society in Seiko's mind.

You were only right if society told you you were. They were nothing but villainous creatures, and deserved every right to be destroyed and mutilated beyond repair. They deserved no hope, and it was unfair.

And, with a resounding crash, the Nomu was sent through the USJ roof and out of the facilities, All Might wearing his smile proudly in the aftermath. Seiko managed to tune out the rapid fire words of the boys, still engrossed in their debate on whether or not to jump in.

When Tomura and Kurogiri leaped forward for just one more desperate attempt to get their final objective, Seiko's ports flared silently.

She could go forward. She could help them. They could win. They could win. Win.win.Win

"Midoriya?!"

The boy was at the scene in a flash, his fist raised in a desperate attempt to stop Kurogiri from getting to All Might. Tomu lifted his hand through the portal in a last ditch effort to grasp the boy, but it wouldn't have mattered.

Seiko could hear reinforcements from a mile away. Tomu and Ku-kun couldn't...

There was a hellfire of bullets, catching all the villains in the area. Shouts of pain followed, and then they halted. They had to—like those damn heroes wanted them to. They did what villains do best: run away.

"Nakano-san, are you alright?"

She turned to meet Todoroki's ever-blank gaze, but it wasn't hard to pick out his expression. His concern was laced with slight suspicion; that was never a good sign. No doubt the boy realized she was typically well-collected when confronting her battles, especially as he had seen earlier into the battle. Suddenly, Seiko was standing away from the confrontation, almost contemplative of what to do.

She was hesitating. Todoroki would think she was the last person that would hesitate in a fight.

With a slow look around the crumbled fight scene, Seiko nodded slowly, easily sliding her facade back on. "I'm fine...that was just, a scary experience, ya' know?"

Keep hidden, keep quiet. Now's not the time.

There was a beat of silence; Seiko didn't miss his hesitation. "I understand."

no you don't

Todoroki slowed his pace as the girl caught up, reaching up and releasing the mask on her face. The rest of the walk was relatively quiet, the only noise coming from the two boys beside them who were arguing(?) over what had gone down.