(41) the final bump

Seiko wasn't sure if she truly wanted to expose the predicament both her and Hawks were in.

The man was leaning against the abandoned building's scaffolding with crossed arms, watching the girl carefully after calling her out for a late night meeting after school hours. He still had the time to prove his allegiance to the League, still having a few more days before the week deadline. However, Hawks knew well that this girl before him might be the nail in his own plans. Seiko thought the same.

Seiko was able to integrate herself as U.A.'s special little double agent, a dangerous secret in its own right. They trusted her enough to provide information to their own group, and had no idea her interests were for a much different direction. Present Mic surely faced criticism because of "his rash decision", but it was much too late for them to figure out a clearer way of "freeing" her from the League's grasp.

But the girl knew she wasn't the only one that had ulterior motives. Hawks was her prime suspect.

The man was a Pro-Hero for one. Him even attempting to reach out to the League to somehow work with them posed some serious suspicions, but now that the U.A. staff indiscreetly implied they had their own sources as well to intel on the League, Seiko had every right to challenge the hero's "villainous" interests.

He knew that Enigma was Nakano Seiko in disguise. He knew that she held more quirks than what met the eye.

What Seiko wanted to know for sure whether or not he was the double agent as well. Because if he was, the girl had some cleanup she had to do to ensure her plans would smooth out.

"So why did you want me to come on out here, hmm~?" Enigma drawled, swinging her legs carelessly as she monitored the hero before her.

Hawks rolled his eyes at her behavior. The suspicion was obvious in the Pro-Hero, and it was clear he made no move to hide it. He had to admit, Seiko was one of the students he wouldn't have expected to be the bump in the road. Although he was made aware there were concerns about where her alliances truly were, the girl demonstrated herself as quite the U.A.-guideline student: passionate, fierce, and oh-so heroically trained. When the instruction to observe Enigma in particular came to him from the higher ups, the last corner the man would have dared to look was a student.

She was strong, and by this point he knew well just why Seiko was who she was.

"Don't play dumb with me, kiddo'," Hawks murmured, his wings carefully stretching back and forth behind him. "Enigma? Really? Out of all names, you've gotta' run around with one of the most infamous ones."

She played innocent. "What do you mean~? Come on, Hawks, we're on the same side here! I thought you'd think it was cool~..."

"Seiko." He stated bluntly, standing up straight and staring her down. "Take off that mask, and say that again."

Tilting her head, Seiko felt the excitement prickling her palms. Her ports flared, and the girl easily rose her hand to the visor, shutting it off with a resounding click. Of course, her "normal" visage remained, both turquoise eyes meeting Hawk's gaze with a casual stare. She didn't want to reveal her dark-matter yet, she wanted to be sure.

Hawks sucked in a breath, though, some hope of saving the kid crumbling away as she sent him a small smile. Sometimes he really hated it when he was right.

"You've found me~!" She sang, shuffling to her feet. "But still, haven't you figured out of the double-agent business U.A. is tossing around?"

"I'm well aware, kid."

Seiko shrugged off the black hoodie on her head, her blue strands tumbling out onto her back. It was unusual for her to be so exposed in her true form while still in her villain get-up, but she digressed.