(60) trickling in

"You're all painfully aware already, aren't you." Vlad King berated the 1-B students, each of them nodding their heads dutifully.

Of course, Seiko joined in, nodding bashfully as well. Her attention was all but on their teacher, though. No, she was doing her best to simply stand straight on her feet at the moment. It felt as if lead was burning through her arms, and needles were piercing her calves. Her quirks weren't cooperating. This wasn't good.

"The role of Leader should have been taken! You lot could have won!" Vlad declared, eyes much too aggressive for their comfort. "1-A's Nakano here offered legitimate advice, and if you would have allowed her tips to intertwine with our own training, a win could have been in your grasp!!"

She perked up at her name, bowing slightly in gratitude. "T-Thank you, sir."

Shisida Jurota turned around to her, his beast-lips pulled down into a tight frown. "My apologies to you as well. It seemed that we allowed ourselves to remain too close-minded."

"You're quite—" Seiko's voice wavered, praying that the boy did not catch her hesitation. "—quite alright...It's difficult adapting to a new teammate."

"But still..."

"Nakano."

She flinched at the voice of Aizawa from nearby, the 1-B Teammates glancing over in interest as well. Beckoning for her to come closer, Seiko offered a small wave in farewell to her team, knowing that she was in for a storm with her teacher.

Aizawa watched carefully. He knew right from the start that something was off with Seiko. Granted, she came on her own will knowing she was still recuperating from her careless training, but Aizawa knew there was definitely something wrong.

For one, her leadership confidence was nearly absent among the 1-B team. Although she didn't know them that well, Seiko was not one to struggle gaining control over a team. She even, willingly, allowed them to lead her along. Not to mention she held back significantly this whole time.

Before he could stop himself, Aizawa's face transformed into surprise when Nakano stumbled while walking towards him, the teacher barely managing to balance her in well-disguised panic. She sputtered out apologies, but he could only be concerned.

"What the hell happened?"

*

Midoriya watched in confusion when Aizawa berated Nakano with uncharacteristic concern.

This whole situation was just weird. Seiko lost, she looked injured, and she didn't use her full capabilities. Of course Deku had noticed, especially since he had his hero notebook in hand ready to learn more about his classmates.

"What happened to Nakano?" Todoroki interrogated, appearing suddenly beside Deku.

"O-Oh! I have no idea..."

The dual-haired boy stared blankly when Aizawa continued to interrogate Seiko, every now and them sighing in exasperation. "You know, Nakano and Sensei are quite close."

"I guess so, since she did mention that he had trained her and Shinsou for the past few weeks." Midoriya toyed with the notebook in his hands. Not to mention he was the one to try and stop her from training for the past few days...what is she up to to get so injured like this?

"Looks like she's heading to the nurse." Todoroki declared. "We'll have to see how she's going to handle coming back. Nakano isn't one to back down, but her ego gets the best of her sometimes."

Midoriya blanked at the boy's bluntness, but also at his surprising accuracy.

As Nakano was led away by one of the nursing robots, Midoriya opened up his notebook, taking out a pencil before turning to Nakano's page.