(24) Make Your Mark

"Why did you really choose us for this internship?" Tokoyami was blunt, not at all entertained by the lax nature of Hawks.

The said hero was strewn across the foyer's couch, his assistant typing away at his laptop. Hawks sent the boy a long stare, followed by a short glance over Seiko. His gaze was indecipherable, and Seiko was quite entertained when she noticed the man made no attempt to directly meet her eyes.

Hawks pointed to Tokoyami. "Because we're both birds."

"Are you joking?"

"You're fast like me," Hawks interrupted, now pointing at Seiko. "Well...I'm 20% serious. 50% of me choosing you two is because I wanted to talk with someone from Class 1-A about those little punks who attacked you guys, calling themselves the 'League of Villains'."

Now Seiko was all ears, midway through handing Tokoyami a spare set of bandages. It seemed that she wasn't the only person in this little game that was out on the hunt for intel. That made it all the more entertaining, dancing at the door of death. One wrong move and she would be exposed. How exciting~.

"And well, I figured if I had to pick some of you, it would be the ones I felt could actually keep up with me. Someone with a lot of promise. So I figured, why not bird man? He looks good. Why not pseudo-Iron Man? She's a fighter."

This man seemed to have no intention to seriously train the two students. Tokoyami didn't hesitate in filling the Pro-Hero in on his intel, Seiko easily giving her share with her typical shyness; the man had no reason to doubt her information, as it seemed the girl was too rattled to begin with to truly offer meaningful intel. The rest of the day dragged by, both students left to their own devices in their rooms for Day One. Day Two was nothing special, the routine of cleaning up Hawk's heroic escapades boring the two.

By Day Three, though, Hawks found himself leaving the two with a "resting day-off"; in other words, his own excuse to go out to gather intel more quickly without the students dragging along. Tokoyami adapted well, moving himself to Hawk's training floor with a short goodbye to Seiko.

Maybe I'll just tap into more scanners today~. Seiko swiped across her phone's screen, lounging in the bed of the room she inhabited during the internship. Not like much—

TomuTomu [Recieved: 4:18pm]

are you done for today

Seiko:'D [Sent: 4:20pm]

yes:)

What a turn of events.

*

Seiko's visor was back to masking her entire face, Stain sending her a narrowed glare when her figure appeared close behind their group on the water tower. She was quick to notice the Killer's glare, rolling her eyes behind her mask at turning her attention forward.

Stain, Real Name: Chizome Akaguro... She growled lowly. "Get that damn glare off my back, Chizome."

The intensity of his stare only grew, and Seiko prided herself on the fact that it was more than obvious he felt the threat in her voice.

Hosu City; still bustling and busy with people and heroes running amuck. The itch for chaos was beginning to show in the Tomura, and Seiko had to admit it was infectious. They've gone long enough on the down-low, and they needed to reinforce that imprint of reformation that the League so desperately grasped for.

"So this is Hosu...livelier than I thought," Tomura grumbled.

Stain, however, stepped to the edge with determination alight in his eyes. "I will reform this town. But for that...more sacrifices are needed."