(54) tick-tock

All for One found Seiko to be a particularly curious individual.

She was adept at countless skills, physically proficient, handled numerous quirks, and was terrifyingly emotionless. By the time Enigma had presented her newfangled specimen at her 3-year-mark, the Villain was sure he was given one of the greatest weapons he could ever utilize for his cause. Tomura came to him broken, hellbent on his hatred of all other people. All for One knew the child was unstable when he "saved" him from his prior situations.

Yet, then came Himura Seiko, a brilliant buffer for the young successor's emotionally treacherous spectrum.

The Nomu's he had developed alongside Daruma through time were incapable of compensating for human error. They were perfect weapons, but couldn't handle the behavior of a child.

Enigma's child, though, could be molded into whatever form All for One desired.

She could be given quirks that helped quell the emotional high's of his successor, or quirks that would fend off any threats to Tomura with a mere blast of light. The specimen could be given life-extending quirks, and modifications that would only push the definition of her own humanity.

The specimen could be changed so easily; she was so moldable.

However, All for One was all too aware of the steady decline of Quirk tolerance that her human body sustained. The Nomu genes bore no impact on the fact that Himura Seiko was human in her core. Her imperfections caused a slight disturbance to All for One's plans.

Enigma might have insisted that she could simply create a new specimen once the damned Luminosity was out of the picture, but All for One cherished a certain aspect of their little Number Six; her perseverance.

The drawbacks tore away at Seiko's whole being, but she took it on as if it were her sole purpose (which—of course—it was). No matter the injuries that tore away at the girl slowly, she accepted every new modification or quirk with open arms.

All for One chuckled to himself, his raspy laugh echoing solemnly in his pristine holding cell. The darkness of his vision bore no hinderance to the imaginative recollection of the aged Villain. No, instead, a smirk of glee was etched across his face.

At the end of the day, his Number Six was but a moldable pawn; maybe knight at best.

The Villain did not have to be the sole player that could shape Seiko into the perfect tool.

Tomura was capable. Kurogiri was capable. The League of Villains were capable. Hell, anyone in her life was capable.

Leaning back into his stiff chair, All for One allowed his voice to escaped his aged lips. "I can only imagine the path little Six is making for herself..."

*

"If you want to train, then give it your all, Enigma!"

The dark corridors of yet another abandoned building bursted into a terrifying blue light, the crackling storm of flames filling the air with a nearly visible heat. Enigma let out a cry of shock, her lasers bursting in a frantic attempt to avoid the raging inferno filling the hallways.

With a violent huff, her body twisted, her jacket's rear exploding into shreds as her dark-matter exploded from her body. Cocooning her body into a pitch black mass, the flames passed over her with only minor burns, Dabi scowling to himself as Seiko emerged with an unsteady smirk.

"Temporary flames, Dabi." She analyzed, red eye aglow as the sneer further stretched onto her face. "You have three minutes of this level before it injures you much more."