(44) tip of the iceberg

idiots! they're idiots!!

Seiko growled, her visor snapping shut over her face as she soared across the roaring flames that consumed the city-floor. Barely plucking up a pair of "victims," who were crying out in pain and horror, she shot a nasty glare at the Todoroki and Yorashi. She only muttered apologies, rapidly dropping off the pair with no more than a nod before taking off once more from the first aid area.

No one had any inkling as to why Inasa and Todoroki were at each other's throats. They were yelling and shouting at each other, sending barrages of attacks at one another despite Orca standing up threateningly nearby.

"Hey!! What're they doin' out there?!" A student shouted over the wind, a few meters below where Seiko hovered. "They're some heavy hitters, but it ain't doin' anyone good if they stand out there hollerin'!!"

Seiko nodded. "I'll handle it." She pointed to another group of unknown students, her voice commanding as it crackled through her helmet. "Make sure there are no more civilians in the battle-area. We don't want to cause more casualties. Keep them safe."

Methodical. Commanding. Determined.

Perfectly along a heroic's textbook. Seiko followed along the procedures like machine-work, and she was sure people were making note of it.

"Alright! You heard the 'lass!!" The boy yelled out, his strange foot-spring quirk leaping into action as his classmates scattered.

Her beams flared, taking a whole new speed as Seiko flew right into the chaos. The plumes of smoke and flames only continued to soar, and Inasa clearly was being blinded by some unknown emotion. His palms raised in fury, he yelled violently as a torrent of winds rushed at the Todoroki.

"Tch!"

Without hesitation, Seiko flew down the the civilian clearly pinned in the rubble right by the emotional students. They cried out in relief (and it was clearly not a fake reaction) as Seiko shot into the sky.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

Midoriya's shout brought them back to their senses, but Seiko simply sighed.

"It's too late, Midoriya!" Was all she offered, stumbling to the ground by the boy and pulling him into a sprint. "Orca's too close for us to get them. Prioritize the civilians—"

He stuttered. "B-But they're our classmates?!"

"She's right, Midoriya." The boy in Deku's hold grunted, meeting Seiko's visor with a resolute stare. "He's likely paralyzed them like I am. Right now, we've got to get everyone we can back to the first aid area. And, uhh, laser-chick..."

Her visor flashed transparent, and Seiko smirked, but there was irritation laced in her expression. "Nakano Seiko. Nice to meet'cha, Shindou."

He scoffed. "My pleasure. All you damn 1-A kids messing around with the plans...just get everyone to safety."

And with that, Shindou's hands slammed to the ground, the earth rippling into cracks below their feet.

"I-I'll do my part and get the remaining casualties to safety!" Deku announced, a strange glow crackilng around him as he sprinted away.

"Thank's for the help, Shindou." Seiko saluted, shooting up into the air.

There were shouts and curses that followed as the two 1-A students jumped into action. A small train of 1-A students followed suit, Shindou twitching from his side-effects as he watched after the crowd. They only grew in volume, the villains around them getting struck down methodically. They were quick. Not an ounce of doubt filled their eyes, and Shindou could have sworn nothing beyond excitement resonated in each of them.

He huffed. "Weirdos. They're all weirdos."

*

The whole lot of them jumped into the fray. Next thing the 1-A students knew, they were in the middle of the chaos.

"Deku! Right!!" Seiko shouted, her ports on full blast as she caged in another group of "villains."

"Duck!"

She dropped to the floor, the boy leaping above her head and ferociously slamming the "villains" into unconciousness.

Without a word, she jumped right back up. Her limbs flew about, twisting and turning with shocking grace as she shot down "villains" left and right. Of course, they were weak enough to stun; she couldn't kill anyone, that'd be bad for her reputation. After latching her legs around another enemy, twisting them to the floor, Seiko grumbled as a raging heat suddenly filled the arena once more.

She looked up to the sky, and took her irritation back instantly.

An inferno spiraled into the air, a horrifyingly large flame-tornado engulfing Gang Orca and some lackeys nearby. Even in their paralyzed state, it seemed Inasa and Todoroki got over their personal strife to at least help the situation.

"Watch out!"

Seiko shook out her reverie, wincing in pain when a figure came flying into her side. With a grunt, she leant back, kicking her soles into the air and narrowly sending a pulse of light right into the face of the attacker. He screamed in pain, Seiko performing a back handspring and pointing her fingers at the "villain."

A small group of them encircled the female, all poised to attack as she heaved in a breath.

"All surrounded, sweetheart."

Seiko didn't turn around when Deku went flying towards Orca, angrily yelling for the "villain" to get away from Todoroki and Inasa. Her problems were right in front of her.

"Just close your eyes, and we'll make it much easier for you."

Then there was a ringing sound.

just close your eyes. it won't hurt, number six.

you'll be perfect, number six.

Deku shouted in confusion when Seiko locked up. She never froze, but it was clear something wrong was happening. He jumped over an attacker, huffing out a breath and barely able to pluck the female into his arms. Tensing his legs, he leaped away once more, Seiko still uncharacteristically still in his hold.

"Nakano-san?!"

don't move too much, number six. only a few more shots~.

"Hey, Nakano-san?!"

you'll be the perfect specimen.

"Seiko!!"

She gasped, hyperventilating and clumsily ripped off her visor. Deku didn't miss the fear hidden in her eyes.

"I-I..." Her breaths calmed instantly, Seiko well aware that there were quite a few students now turned to her in confusion. "W-What-?"

"The test just ended!" Uraraka squealed, running up to the girl and worriedly looking at her eyes. "Are you alright? Did you get hit by a paralysis quirk?"

Seiko kept her hand from trembling, and with the best smile she could manage, she grabbed Uraraka's hand. "I'm alright! Just a bit rattled, probably a stray attack got to me! But I'm sure you all did wonderfully!!"

Midoriya watched in confusion as the group of 1-A females clustered around one another, laughing and joking happily. Seiko said she was alright, but he wasn't an idiot. He saw her eyes.

She didn't turn back, but Midoriya didn't need to see her face. Her hands were shaking, and her whole aura screamed terror.

What just happened?

____
Oof, the smol broccoli might have an inkling that something is up:O
-Jansege