(12) try training

Throughout the entire morning, Seiko was doing her best to imitate the excitement brewing in Class 1-A. The U.A. Sports Festival was right around the corner, and was the prime opportunity to gain the favor of countless Pro-Heroes. For most of them, it was their opportunity to gain the momentum and spiral full force into the world of heroes. For Seiko, though, it was nothing more than a chance to please Master.

That lifted her spirits to some extent.

She was quietly making her way to the front exit of the classroom, smiling widely in an attempt to mimic the chatter of the room.

"Deku, Iida, Seiko...at this Sports Festival, let's do our best!!" Uraraka interrupted her thoughts, the blue-haired girl turning to her in surprise—

"What happened to your face, Uraraka?!"

Those around her screeched in shock at the intense determination on Uraraka's face, her eyebrows unusually drawn tightly over her round eyes. It looked as if a kitten suddenly gained the facial qualities of All Might; this was strange.

The girl was in awe, when she really thought about it. The sheer determination that filled her classmates was unfamiliar to her. Their drive was strange, because it seemed as if they were merely fighting for something that was so fleeting; trying so hard for a job that was nothing more than a ruse.

"What about you?" Shoji calmly walked with Seiko, much more of the class trailing behind them as they made their way to the lunch room.

"Huh?"

He opened the doorway for the group, an explosion of noise filling their ears. "How do you feel about the exams being so close?"

"Yeah, Sei-chan!" Kirishama jeered, leaping in front of them with a wide grin. "You—other than dead-face Todoroki over there—"

The said boy somewhat frowned from quite a whiles away, his classmates' voices cutting through the noise. Dead face?

"—seem to be the calmest out of the lot!!" The redhead swung his arms behind his head.

Seiko shrugged, looking down to her hands in thought. "Well, it's just something you'll have to expect if we want to get into Hero-work, right? I'm just going to take it in stride, and see where that leads me..." I don't care. I just want to get it done.

"Wise words, as expected." Sero huffed, Kirishima nodding violently.

"I'm ready to beat all the others into a pulp!!" The redhead continued, his energy off the charts (he was just something unfeasible to Seiko).

"We still have two weeks, dumbass." Bakugo growled past him, collecting his things.

There was a chorus of laughter, Seiko joining along while watching everyone carefully.

It seemed as if everyone anticipated the Sports Festival with confidence and excitement, but she could see their ticks. After Uraraka's estranged eyebrows, some of the students displayed unease. Bakugo, even with his already short-temper, was more antsy, if you would. His eyebrows ticked more often, much to the amusement of Seiko.

People like Todoroki or Tokoyami were still standoffish, but their incessant fidgeting and confidence spilling out of them was tangible. Everyone else coped with their fears with their shouting, Seiko choosing to simply play with that stride. She had to plan diligently, though.

Her files she obtained those weeks ago from U.A. stated that following the Festival there were internships with various hero offices and pro-heroes. If Seiko wanted the best of the best, she would actually have to try.