(35) join us

*some language warning from here on out. why? because bakugo:D

It was a success.

Within the day, Seiko found herself standing before All for One, glee etched on her features as she retold the victorious mission of her little Villain Vanguard-Team. Pride surged through her, completely blindsiding the strange dread that knotted the inside of her stomach. Seiko didn't bother to even acknowledge it. There was no place for doubt in her mind. They win.

Another step on their path to ultimate victory. Their own game over seemed to be on the horizon, and All for One reassured her that she was doing everything perfectly. She initially doubted that.

The quirk he gave her following the battle put a damper on her mood, at first.

"Memory manipulation?" She whispered, disappointment filling her at the thought that master didn't think her win was enough. Her plan must have been flawed. It wasn't good enough.

master thinks that i picked the wrong target. he thinks that my plan wasn't perfect...

Sensing her doubts, All for One rotated in his chair, an empty gaze settling on hers. "It is merely a precaution. You are the priority."

She paused. He was right.

dumb seiko for thinking wrong again!

Simply because she chose Bakugo as their target to sway in their benefit all those weeks ago didn't mean the boy was easily turned! He was self righteous, and a ticking time bomb. Knowing the fickle nature of the entire, dastardly Class 1-A, his mere presence was already a risk. No matter the fear of a hero-raid on their headquarters, Bakugo could prove to be damaging on his own.

Seiko knew she could be the one to bend his spirit, but there was still the chance he would be most infuriated by her. If he were to somehow get out, at least she could wipe her true form from his memory to keep the little charade going. The sick, outright irritating charade Seiko was quickly growing to hate.

Realization flickered in the girl's eyes. At that, All for One beckoned her forward. Seiko stepped towards her master, pressing her lips together firmly.

A hand settled onto her head, yet Seiko could do nothing to hide her wince.

It hurt.

At first, the quirks melded well. But now, the repercussions were greater; the drawbacks were stronger.

All for One knew such, but Seiko made no move to stop herself. He grinned. Always the perfect tool. That would never change. Even if time caught up to her, and the quirks deteriorated at her slowly, she was more than willing to sacrifice it all for their cause.

The girl never exposed the confidence that rapidly trickled away, though. A number was now pinned onto her abilities. She needed to improve; to evolve. If not, who knew just when she would reach her limit?

In the end, neither of them could stop the seed of fear that rooted itself in Seiko's heart. One thing was certain: her abilities were numbered. She wasn't sure if she wanted to see its end.

With a dramatic huff, the girl stood up, having seated herself in the lower levels of the headquarters. Nothing but the faint bubbling of the countless tanks with new Nomus enveloped the room. A blue glow lit up the area, Seiko's visor reflecting the light as she looked up into the unconscious form of Ragdoll in one of the distant tanks.

The woman's expression was passive, the student stepping closer. Last she saw, the energetic hero was in shambles; now she seemed to be a shell of herself. No quirk. No power.