(50) upgrades

Seiko could give herself a pat on the back at the overdramatic entrance she had as she landed amongst the heroes and internship students in front of the Precept's hideout.

Her beams were a surefire warning sound, thrumming louder and louder as she soared to the building. With a solid thunk, Nakano landed before the group in expected hero fashion, her stance screaming confidence. Her newly refurbished costume design also demanded attention, Seiko finally abandoning her original brightly colored suit for a more sleek finish. The black and grey plating were framed by highlights of glowing yellow, Hatsume relentless in adding newfangled improvements in her suit; namely increased energy storage, and perfected stabilizers.

Her visor remained a familiar tinted veil, Seiko clicking the side button and allowing it to slip to the top of her head. With a firm gaze, she looked towards her current "team" in reassurance, already aware of the plan from Sir Nighteye while en route to the location. The wonderful reality was she didn't even have to confine herself to the "Nighteye Group" or the "Ryuku Group."

At first, she thought the pro's wanted her outside, as mere support for Ryuku's team. Yet, it seemed that she was able to weasel her way through as support for the "transport" teams; information and individuals were her responsibility.

Then Eraserhead approached her.

Deku noted this, firmly shoving the information paper into his costume. Staring in Seiko's direction, the girl was engrossed in quiet whispers. It had been a long time coming for him to see Nakano's' full improvements, but once again he lost his chance.

She was just so deep in the workings of the heroes, student or otherwise. He could even admit she had a type of attractive character that could mold itself to everyone she worked with, which was quite the heroic trait. Even with these qualities, the ever-charitable Midoriya felt torn. It almost felt biased.

Why did all the teachers of UA seem to trust her so much? Every student of 1-A have put their heart and soul into training and proving themselves as worthy heroes, but Seiko's passion wilted in time. Yes, she was serious and determined, but Midoriya had the slightest bit of unease at that.

Time and time again Seiko fought to prove herself, but something seemed amiss once she was able to settle in...

Deku shook his head, slapping his cheeks despite curious stares. No, this wasn't the problem right now. Eri's safety was at stake. He needed to focus.

Protect the team. Protect the citizens. Save Eri—

"WHAT DO YOU WANT?!!"

*

Seiko was a sweaty mess, and it disgusted her.

Slamming another fist into an opponent's face, she narrowly ducked under a clumsily thrown quirk-attack, glaring angrily in that direction. With no regard for reputation in that split second, Nakano sent a vicious beam at the villain, completely burning his foot and sending him wailing to the ground.

"Does anyone have a read on what's going on down there?!" Ryuku's voice crackled into the com.

A tremor rocked the ground, heroes and villains alike scrambling about for some sort of support. Seiko darted into the sky, scanning around but seeing no sign of signal from the nearby reinforcements.

She reached for the com in her helmet, beginning to descend back into the chaos. "No signal, Ryuku!"

Villains swarmed Seiko's approaching figure, hurtling attacks and punches. Wincing at those that landed, Nakano let out an angry huff. Oh screw the heroic act of "injuring few, prioritize capture", she was sick of the pests.