(7) make some plans

Seiko stepped towards the nearly short-circuiting Denki, offering him a hand as he was rubbing his head in pain. The plan worked smoothly, lucky for her. She had hoped the small glimpse of personality she had seen in the two wanna-be heroes were consistent with their fighting styles, and she wasn't far off.

When they gathered for the grading discussion, Seiko was bombarded with questions, even her own teammates asking her many things in surprise.

"YOUNG NAKANO!!" All Might shouted, bringing the class to a halt when he pointed to her. "Explain to the class just why your plan had worked effectively for your team!!"

Seiko hid her scowl at the pro-hero, putting on a shy smile while scratching at her cheek with a blush.

"Ahh, it wasn't anything too creative...Kaminari-san's quirk, and personality, means that he would probably react quick and in spurts to any sort of threat we would throw at him. Jiro-san's quirk worked well in exposing where the villains were, but also caused problems offensively whenever she would try to retaliate against us."

Seiko then realized she was explaining something other than her plan, and for once legitimately felt flustered.

"I-I mean, because of the conditions of the building, it's structural integrity is in no way beneficial to the current hero team. When I prepared the capture tape early on, I was hoping that Jiro san would send her sound waves back through the wall if we pinned her and Kaminari-San down, and I was lucky she did."

She caught her breath, almost wanting to laugh at the fact that even her teammates were slowly processing what she had said.

"When Kirishima-san smashed the wall, the already weakened support for the entrance would buckle instantly without extreme power use, and with the way I arranged the trap tape, it would wrap around the opponent who wasn't the second attack. Sero-san's tape kept the weapon safe from the blowback from our attacks, so Kirishima-san and I were able to focus on capturing the heroes."

Eijiro gasped in realization, jumping in as well. "Ah! So when I used my quirk, you knew you could cancel out Kaminari-san's electricity with your own quirk, so you focused the physical attack on him!"

"We got lucky that Jiro walked in first," Sero sighed.

At that, the class deadpanned. Luck!?

"Well," Seiko returned, her voice becoming stable and almost mysterious when she continued. "would you really think I'd base that kind of plan on luck?"

"You all should've realized!" All Might cut in, noticing their lack of enthusiasm for the plan. "A key factor to fighting in any sort of battle is realizing what kind of opponent you're facing!!"

Some students sucked in a breath of realization. Seiko offered Kirishima a fist bump, smiling and then following up with one to Sero as well.

Momo raised her hand up from the back with enthusiasm. "So the plan of Nakano-san must have succeeded because of our lack of understanding with teammates' quirks! She based her plan solely on the fact that Jiro-san and Kaminari-san had quirks that were not suitable for their location and lack of experience with one another. Both teams succeeded in not creating excessive damage, and because of our inexperience, it benefitted the villains as a whole!"

All Might, as expected, stiffened while offering a thumbs-up. "What I was gonna say! Yes!"

Seiko took pride in the praise. Of course, she was at the center of attention, but she had to make some semblance of a statement. If the pro-heroes found her to be a candidate to become a successful hero, she would gain their trust. Trust meant information.