(42) keep an eye out

Seiko drummed her thumbs on her leg, staring out of the public bus's window blankly as the Takoba Stadium slowly rose into her vision. Recovery Girl had refused to allow the girl to even step a foot out of the recovery center until she was sure she had healed completely on her own (and not without berating her once again for her careless behavior). Of course there was great concern when the staff was informed Seiko was found unconscious alongside Hawks, but after a brief mention of a villain encounter that left both in their states, they decided it was best to push forward.

It took her some insistence, but the staff was assured it was simply a hiccup in Seiko's little endeavors.

By the time she was walking on her own, the time for the Provisional Hero License Exam was upon the U.A. students. They left much earlier than Seiko, so the girl was on her own heading over to Takoba.

There were many other Heroic Departments that were coming to the exams other than U.A., Shiketsu namely the one that worried many students. The rivalry between the schools was outstanding, and Seiko was well aware of that fact.

She also had an inkling that someone special was able to sneak their way into the exams.

Either way, Seiko knew she would get through this without a hitch. It would be quite useful when you had a Hero-certified license as a valid excuse, after all.

*

"Gathered in attendance are precisely 1,540 examinees. You'll be vying for victory all at once."

Seiko silently pressed her new helmet's visor, the cover receding and revealing her face to the crowd.

The whispers quickly followed, some students flinching away in surprise as they noticed the female. Few others glared her down, hatred and irritation coming off quite clearly. It wasn't a secret that Seiko was a crowd favorite back during the U.A. Sport's Festival, and she was a hard hitter, too. It wasn't any help that many knew of her short training under Hawks during internships, and her brilliant "heroic-ness" during the chaos of the League's kidnapping. Seiko was a threat to their chance of passing.

Her gaze hardened as she felt the stares, and she didn't even bother to disguise her irritation.

better to start off intimidating here...it's a free for all...

"—so the terms of the exam are in these." The sleepy man's voice cut into Seiko's thoughts, the ball and target in his hand gaining the crowd's attention. "Each examinee will receive three targets. You may place them on any part of your body, so long as they're always open and visible—so no soles of the feet or armpits.

"In addition, you'll carry six balls on your person. The targets are built to respond only to contact with the balls. If you're hit in all three places, you're out. If you hit somebody's third target, you have defeated him or her. Victory is attained upon defeating two other contestants, and those are the rules. We'll distribute the targets and balls after that happens. The exam will commence one minute after everyone spreads out."

Seiko simply winced when the walls around the group of students toppled to the floor, shuffling away from the awe-stricken students in search of her own class. Various staff stepped around handing the targets and balls, Seiko taking the set with a smile before once again settling into her intimidating aura.

i know nothing about the other students other than school names. recovery girl was breathing down my neck the whole time i was recovering. Seiko quietly padded her way around some Shiketsu students, one of the taller males of the group locking a glare with her instantly. She shrugged to herself. no doubt they've kept of with everything U.A.'s been broadcasting. tomu-kun said that even he watched it, so they had to...then they'll target