(56) mistakes

"Promise me that this plan is sure-fire..." Seiko murmured into her cellphone, expression remaining tame as she strolled through the 1-A dorms.

A small crackle consumed the speakers. Dabi's gravelly tone finally responding. "That doctor made sure these were some solid ones. If they don't come through—"

"I'll handle it myself."

The villain shuffled through the Hidamari Kindergarten facilities of Fukuoka, clicking his cell into speaker as he circled the shifting mass in the room. Twitching to life at the voice of its Master, the Nomu's exposed muscles tensed and pulsed in the dim light.

Dabi smirked to himself. "Now...you Nomus couldn't understand anything before."

Back at U.A., Seiko offered a small wave to the gaggle of her female classmates that entered their rooms, smiling in their direction. They all returned the smiles with excitement and invitation to some sort of "get-together" following the eventful Pro-Hero Ranking announcements.

Seiko's expression glimmered with joy, now approaching the group with a nod of agreement. The phone remained attached to her ear.

Her voice dropped suddenly. "We're expecting results...high end."

The Fukuoka classroom was consumed in the voice of Enigma, and High End further rose to attention, distant gaze locking onto the figure of Dabi and the small device in his hands. A cacophony of commands filled its head, and for a moment, the sheer essence of dozens of Nomus consumed his ears.

results... results... results...

results... results...

results... results... results...

"L-Le-Leave it...Leave it to—" Realizing the attention of its masters, High End appeared to grin on its own accord. "Le-Leave it to me..."

Clicking her phone shut, Seiko chuckled to herself when Uraraka latched an arm around her own. Entertaining every one of her female 1-A peers, not a crack of exposure escaped the villain. Instead, she continued to smile and laugh, stumbling into the common room as they all scrambled to turn on the TV for a "mini-marathon".

"Can we join?" Kirishima interrupted, the small group of Midoriya, Kaminari, and Tokoyami entering the room.

"Of course!!" Mina declared with a smile, popcorn in hand and distributing them throughout the group. "Show time!!"

The plan was in motion.

showtime indeed.

*

The common room erupted into chaos when the Breaking News took over the screen. Constant shouts of fear and shock scattered the 1-A class as they stared in horror at the brutal fight between the Nomu and the Pro-Heroes. Endeavor's decidedly gross scar in his eye left Todoroki a nervous wreck, and it was only moments before Aizawa rushed to his students' room.

"Are you fine, Nakano-San?" Eraserhead stepped quietly beside the star student, the girl's expression indecipherable. "It appears Hawks is involved as well."

She offered a small wince when the crowds surged into complete panic. "I-I'm sure he's fine."

it's doing bad...

<"—Ah!! The Black Villain is...Oh, no!! It's heading for the evacuation area! Ahh!! But, he's chasing it...he's chasing it!!!"> The shocked tone of the reporter caused an uproar throughout the crowds in Fukuoka. <"Endeavor is chasing it!!!">

if only it wasn't the number one...

The vicious cracks and screams filled up the TV screen, and Seiko looked over in surprise when Shoji offered a gentle hand on her shoulder. It appeared the class continued to shoot concerned stares in both Todoroki and Nakano's directions; they both had close ties to the Heroes on screen. The Todoroki nervously wrung his hands, eyes refusing to leave the news. Nakano decided to continue that ploy, even with the steadily bubbling fury inside of her every time she noticed the dwindling condition of High End.

She was promised a strong one. She was told this would be effective.

So why were the heroes winning?

Another crack, and another fall of the damn Nomu. Mere minutes passed, and Seiko's expression grew solemn.

<"PLUS ULTRA: PROMINENCE BURN!!">

She could practically feel the sheer heat Endeavor shot out, his blinding ball of fire slamming the useless High End into the asphalt below. And when Endeavor's fist stood prominently above the receding smoke in the ground, Seiko's phone felt like lead in her pockets.

<"He's up!! Standing tall!!!">

dabi. i need to contact dabi...

<"ENDEAVOOOOR!! He's standing tall for his victory—nay!!">

or the league. or doctor. kurogiri—wait...tomura, no...

Her gaze wavered.

<"Standing tall for his beginning!!">

1-A crowded around Todoroki—who fell to the ground with his hands pressed together—and Seiko barely managed to rise to her feet. Even as Dabi's silhouette appeared on screen, and Aizawa's concerned gaze flickered between the screen and her own expression, Seiko fought to remain steadfast.

Because of course she had screwed up. Miruko's sudden appearance cemented her failure, and Seiko fought to ignore the incessant vibrations of the cellphone in her pocket.

Dabi left the scene in moments, Ujiko's familiar dark warping-fluid consuming him. As the cries and cheers for the hero's victory filled the area, Aizawa approached the still Seiko.

It appeared she was rattled from the near-death battle of Hawks, Seiko emptily staring at the television. Of course, doubts sunk into his mind at the appearance of Dabi, but it took one look at her expression for Aizawa to release a heavy sigh.

"Nakano...go rest." He murmured, her eyes locking onto his. "If you need time, tell me. But right now, rest."

She turned away, and failed to restore her false grin; that reassuring smile of Nakano Seiko. No, Enigma grew rampant. So, Seiko avoided to return his stare, voice betraying her. "Of course, sensei."

Quickly escaping the suffocating cries within the common room, Midoriya observed curiously as the hunched figure of Seiko ducked out of the room. Wavering between Todoroki and chasing after the girl, Deku watched in surprise as Aizawa's gaze remained locked on where the girl once was.

Yet, what could he do?

____
Ahhh I love it when nothing goes her way>:)
-Jansege