(48) surprise, surprise

"Again, kid. You're not showing me what you can really do."

Seiko nearly groaned, masking her irritation behind her tinted visor as her ports flared, thrusting her into the air. Class 1-A stared up in awe as the girl spiraled into the sky, weaving confidently through the newest obstacle course posed by Aizawa-sensei. Rubble, smoke, and projectiles flew at the girl, posing nothing but a hinderance as she twisted her body and beams with a shocking level of accuracy. The improvement was apparent.

In fact, the entire intern group appeared to have grown at a terrifying rate.

"Pulse: Mode Two!!"

The rock barreling towards her exploded in a plume of dust, Seiko creating a cloud before landing at the end of the course with a solid thud. Remains of rubble littered the field, Seiko turning to face the class, visor flipping onto her head.

"37 seconds," Aizawa muttered, checking off his clipboard. "Do that normally, and these training sessions will go by in a snap."

"Nakano-san!!" Mina screamed, carelessly latching herself to her classmate. Swinging her body about, the girl couldn't help her excitement. "That's nearly half the class average! All of you intern group kids are scary!!"

"Look at your muscles, kero. That's surely not just because of class training." Tsuyu's tongue flicked out towards Seiko's exposed arms, the girl flushing.

She shook her head frantically. "Oh, no. You're just imagining that, I'm sure!"

"Nah, kero." Tsuyu grinned. "But seems like it's a little secret, huh?"

"Nakano-san appears to have chosen to do personal training." Todoroki interrupted, Midoriya, Ochako, and Iida following suit. "Aizawa-sensei has permitted the class to use the facilities on our own accord. It is not surprising that she would be one to take up that offer."

i'm not sure if i should be offended...

The crowd of 1-A girls shuffled along the path to the start of the rock wall, excited chatter filling the training facility. By far, each student had improved tremendously. Some more than others, and Seiko couldn't help but feel nervous that some of them had even noticed. She had grown more lax in revealing her true capabilities, especially with how quickly 1-A was progressing along; a doubtful decision. Tsuyu and Todoroki were terribly observant, and had caught the girl more than once in quite compromising situations.

There was the bathroom encounter, where Seiko's true form was nearly exposed during a spout of fury, Tsuyu walking in at the worst moment possible. Seiko barely managed to turn and jump into a stall to avoid the girl.

Or the kitchen situation, Seiko in an angry call with Tomu-kun regarding the Eight Precepts. Blinded by rage, the girl failed to contain the black tendrils that exploded from her arms, piercing the poor fruit left on the tables. Todoroki was in for a surprise when he came downstairs to grab a banana, looking in confusion at the holes decorating the fruit. Seiko could only shrug and claim: "Fruitflies...probably..."

Either way, her disguise somehow was slipping. Yet, Seiko didn't feel worried in the slightest. At this point, she was more concerned with the future of the League, rather than the now. Overcoming her complex of dividing her villain persona and hero persona, Seiko slowly permitted her nature to leak through. If she willingly allowed her deeper traits to become "normal" to Class 1-A, they would surely have no doubts of her behavior on field...especially with the chaos regarding the Precepts that was on the horizon. She needed to be merciless yet endearing; in other words, a complete contrast from shy-little-Nakano.

A simple task, she believed.

Midoriya, though, stared at the back of his classmate, chuckling slightly at the clinginess of his female peers. Mina refused to release Seiko from her grip, Momo and Jiro watching on in exasperation as Seiko attempted to pry the pink-haired girl off.