(13) family fun

Her parents were never at the forefront of Seiko's life. There was only All for One and their quirks.

Himura Seiko was never uttered. It was merely Seiko.

Her mother was Himura Etsuko, otherwise known as the villain Enigma. Her infamous quirk called Shadow gained her a reputation of a terrifying unknown entity. With the ability to manipulate shadows into a physical object, she could kill and flee without a sound. It didn't matter where it was obtained, the shadow could be morphed into any state of matter.

The only cost was the humanness of Etsuko's body. Like Kurogiri, much of her figure was masked in a misty darkness, the woman still capable of creating a manifested body. Light singed her being, which only further shrouded the woman in mystery.

That was why it was such a feat when the woman suddenly fell for Oshiro Jun, the famed light hero Luminosity. His Luminescent quirk could be described as a light manipulation, the man capable of manipulating visual wavelengths. Beams were typically used as both offensive and defensive weapons; his whole arms were somewhat translucent and glass-like, attributing to capturing light when available and "refracting" such through his limbs.

His quirk qualities handed themselves down to Seiko, the only contrast being her mother's dark-matter replacing her father's glass. The man had main ports only on his palms, the quirk mutating itself in Seiko's numerous ports.

Their daughter only heard stories of Jun's heroism; the man was a well acclaimed Samaritan for all people.

He was infamous for never showing his true face in public, always seen with the illuminated mask hiding his features. The man claimed it was a way to remain an unknown, unbiased symbol of truth for the world.

He was kind to regular citizens, but found criticism with his pity upon villains. With all his encounters, the man was desperate to seek the light in all people. In Luminosity's eyes, the villains were merely quirk-users painted in the wrong light. They were labeled, ostracized, and forced to cope with that fact.

The benefits of his unknown features prevented any sort of dangers to his own wellbeing, as no one had ever seen his true face. That was, until he came upon that fateful mission.

His mask fell during a battle with a mass of villains, and when he laid his true eyes upon Enigma, it was as if his calling had clicked.

He would allow one.

He fought for her retribution, even in her capture insisting the woman was more than what they all perceived. It took a small amount effort, to the many doubts of numerous pro-heroes; he insisted that it was the love that guided her. Even if their marriage mirrored that of quirk-marriages, he thought the romance was real.

Etsuko, unbeknownst to him, had other plans.

She was an estranged woman to society. An incessant lab-rat as well as obsessive villain, she worshiped All for One's ideals as godly. Wishing nothing but to guide and nurture his vision, Etsuko persisted tirelessly in creating the ultimate weapon.

When her child was finally born, she was elated.

Only, to All for One, it lacked in her mother's traits.

It was not about the physical similarities, nor gender or voice. Her quirk wasn't enough. Seiko was a holder of Day and Night, but the brilliance was too much.

So it wasn't a shock to anyone in the early days of the league when Enigma vanished from existence.

Her child, that day, gained the ability to create her "toys", only at the cost of her own existence. A shell of her past self, the woman was cast away. It wasn't long for her to die, and Seiko felt no pain.

There was never attachment. It was only to train and work. She lived only for All for One.

She was created for his use, and he made sure of it.

Etsuko sacrificed her former embryos for Seiko's sake, after all. It was never a clean process for the perfect child. It wasn't on her first try.

The woman created a device to read each attempts' quirk before birth. If it wasn't enough, she removed them herself, and grafted them onto the next try. Seiko was a holder of countless other unfulfilled embryos, and All for One glorified the true physical manifestation of his mentality.

In her life, Etsuko was graced with the corpse of countless Nomus. It didn't take an insane genius to figure out what to do with them.

Seiko was the main subject.

The limits did not exist in the mother's DNA and scientific ventures, and when she realized all those Nomus and failed embryos could be put to use in the one success, she did it without hesitation. DNA grafting became Enigma's livelihood, robbing Seiko from the humanity she never had.

Jun, in his frenzied despair, clung to the idea of Seiko. She wasn't the monster that Etsuko sought her out to be.

She was his baby.

All for One took her from the start, but still permitted those fleeting days with her birth father.

Luminosity loved his child. She was the mirror of her mother, the woman he held dear. He loved her with reckless abandon, and that obsessive desire took its toll. So when the fateful day came that All for One stood on that doorstep, the hopelessly broken Oshiro Jun allowed him in with a tearful smile.

Quick and painless. At least that's how Seiko was told.

The cycle was her life. Steal a quirk, and have it gifted or handed off to the next Nomu. The girl, of course, took it in stride.

So when she was told to kill her shell of a father, she did it without batting an eye. He was a hero, after all.

*

Seiko let out a vigorous cry as she slammed herself onto Kurogiri's exposed body, the villain unable to gate her after her stunning display of bright beams. It was a fluid motion, the girl sending him toppling with a rotation and locking her legs around his figure.

Her regulators and bandages were abandoned to the side, Seiko in full glory and her eyes glowing with glee. It wasn't the quiet Nakano that pinned him down. It was the deadly Himura that their league so obsessively cherished.

A sneer remained on her face without any regard for her appearance. Her hair was unkempt, but Seiko paid no mind as she once again sent Kurogiri into a locked hold.

"Seiko."

Her forearms pulsed, the matter forming sharp points and slowly puncturing Kurogiri's helpless figure. strong.

His voice was firmer. "Seiko."

he is strong.

It wasn't long before Kurogiri felt the familiar tug, the girl mindlessly beginning to leech his shadow-energy into herself. Her eyes were distant, glazed with a look that could only be described as euphoric.

Tomura stepped into the room. "Sei-chan."

At that, she blinked, jumping off Kurogiri without a care. Her simple smile returned to her face, and the murderous aura vanished. Leaping into Tomura's open arms, the male leading her away to the computer holding the video conversation with All for One. Her opponent was silent, carefully monitoring her.

Kurogiri was quick to realize that Seiko couldn't risk the murderous aura and battle-highs that she would succumb to in fighting. The instinctual urge to fight solely for success, and to trample those who blocked her way. In a sense, it mirrored Tomura's natural behavior of all or nothing; Seiko naturally going about things in an efficient and successful manner.

Kurogiri sighed to himself. He had a handful, but no matter.

At the end of the day, she was still All for One's little prodigy. Tomura was the successor, and Seiko was the executioner. At it's heart, they were the ones who would bring the ideologies to life.

The Night and Day were in their hands. All for One would merely await the day the world was as well.

**That's why Seiko's a prime subject. She's a grafted cluster of her former attempts+Nomus. 10/10 parenting. (I wrote this July 27 btw, so realize that there's still so much more possible;'D)