(66) help me

Hawks stared blankly at the dimming laptop in his grasp, carefully twisting his wings behind his back as he swung around in his seat.

"So, whattya' up to, Hawks!?" Twice jeered, occupied in some strange chess game against himself.

Turning around slightly, the Hero shrugged. "Just monitoring the media s'all. Curious about what U.A. is up to since we've gone quiet recently."

Twice nodded excitedly. "Yeah! You know—that dumbass leader of oursShigaraki said that we have a big plan coming just so we can send them into another fit~!"

"Huh?"

Absentmindedly swiping a pawn off of the board, Twice grinned. "Uhuhuh! Says that—it's time for us to reach our next level. That we need all hands on deck for Master's next big plan!"

Hawks frowned. Next big plan? He needed to inform the heroes as quickly as possible. He already had his eye set on exposing the UA leak, but he needed to make sure he had enough information possible to pass on in the minimal meetings he could get. Keigo had a responsibility to be as productive as quickly as possible.

He could sacrifice whatever he had to to succeed.

"Do you know what's going on, Twice?"

Twice shrugged. "Why, we need our star player back!"

Hawks paused. Star player?

The villain fumbled around with the chessboard, seemingly ignorant at Hawk's slight curiosity at just who he was talking about. He murmured endlessly to himself, hands flying across the board with strange determination; he might not have appeared to know what he was doing, but Twice moved confidently. The inner halls of the League's building filled with Twice's rummaging chess pieces.

"Shigaraki Tomura wants to—get Himura Seiko away from the infectious heroes." Twice froze with the queen piece in his hand, the strange calm taking over the split man. "Himura Seiko is key to the evolution of Tomura Shigaraki—get back little Seiko! Seems like we're reaching the next step!"

Now, Hawks remained glued to the screen, but his attention was all but on what flew past his eyes.

Oh. They were planning to recapture their double agent. Which meant...

He turned towards Twice with a blank gaze. "So they're targeting UA?"

"I win!" Twice cheered, slamming the queen firmly against the opposing side. "Yep!"

Hawks didn't reply. No. He had to plan.

Now.

*

himura seiko. important. tomura shigaraki. need. success.

Seiko didn't want to sit up in her hospital cot. In fact, she refused to open her eyes the moment she awoke from the strange limbo she found herself in. Her internal conflict felt like the priority at the moment. She was practically in hell at the sheer amount of memories that were flooding her mind.

need. six.

For one, it was as if that damn Ujiko was still whispering in her ears. And those voices wouldn't stop ringing in her head. And that headache refused to leave her.

obtain. himura?

Those broken sentences were relentless, now. She thought it would be over after the little fainting spell, but Seiko was horrified when they only grew tenfold after awaking once again. Were they clearer? Or closer?