(36) the change

<"We will now air a segment of U.A. High School's apology press conference, which took place earlier tonight.">

Seiko relaxed in her chair, tucked away into one of the rooms of the headquarters; her eyes were glued to the television before her. The faint thuds and growls of Bakugo came from beyond her door, the voices of her fellow League members speaking to the boy leaking through the door. She didn't want to interfere quite yet, just to keep him somehow "tame".

<"I regret to announce that our unpreparedness was responsible for the harm that came to 28 of our first-year students. Though ours is an institution for heroes in training, we were nonetheless negligent in our defenses against villains, and we understand that this has made many of you uneasy...>

She swung her legs. This was quite something, seeing her Pro-Hero teachers being treated so criminally. So villain-like.

But it was a given. That was the whole point of her little scheme. By forcing the students to become the victims, the blame would only fall onto those in charge. It didn't matter if a student was simply an overzealous and headstrong character, the teachers had to take responsibility.

Not only that, but now the name of U.A. would be scandalized because of the heroes' failures. Inciting doubt was one thing. Another was strengthening the whole question Seiko wanted to infect the citizens with: could you really rely on the heroes?

She wouldn't say it to Tomu-kun's face, but Stain had a point. Some heroes were abusive of their power. The villains were being trampled on. The girl didn't think that by any means they should work to amend the problem; just undermine it completely!

Thud!

The student was up and out of the lounge in a flash, arms up and ready only to be met with a plume of smoke.

Bakugo was free of restraints, Twice clearly thrown back from his explosions and jumping up and down in panic. Dabi and Toga looked over at her, Seiko concealing herself under her visor. Tomura, however, was still in a fury.

Like hell they thought they could really convince the Blond. They didn't even know him.

"I stayed quiet and listened to you blabbering on and on! Idiots don't know how to summarize things so they go on forever." Bakugo growled, now on alert as he watched the figure of Enigma dart to Shigaraki protectively. "Basically, 'We want to make people hate us, so join us please!' right?! It's pointless."

Seiko huffed in annoyance, worriedly glancing back. Tomu's eyes wavered. He was upset. Looking down, she noticed Father's hand on the floor. Scratch that...

oh god. He was pissed.

"I've been won over by the way All Might looks when he wins!!" Bakugo raised a clenched fist proudly. "You can say all you want, but nothing can change my mind about that!"

"And you said it wouldn't be too difficult." Dabi grumbled beside Seiko.

She rolled her eyes. "I knew he had a serious ego, but I didn't think he could be so 'heroic' about it."

<"...we're hardly approaching this passively. Currently, I am personally cooperating with the police in their ongoing investigation. Make no mistake...we will retrieve the students that we're taken from us.">

Bakugo sneered, growling at the group violently. "Hah! Good ol' U.A., thanks for sticking up for me. Get it now, League of Scumbags?!"

Seiko rolled her eyes, still cautiously making her way towards Tomura. Dabi stalked his way beside Toga and Twice, both smiling in both excited nerves and slight fear. Her dark tendrils flared from her arms, beginning to consume some of her limbs and slowly pushing the bandages further from their newly wrapped positions. They had to be ready.