(52) clashing mentalities

"Seiko will be taking a leave of absence during this cultural festival season."

"So Seiko will be gone for a longer time?" Shoji murmured, sitting amongst the 1-A students as they all sat in their respective places.

Uraraka sunk into the couch, a despondent air surrounding her. "I'm worried...I hope she's alright."

Aizawa called the class down from their rooms the night of the internship students' return, ensuring that at least they well-being was accounted for. It came as a surprise when they noticed the missing figure of Nakano Seiko from the internship crew. However, their teacher was more than aware of her particular responsibilities during the following week.

Aizawa, Nezu, and Seiko sat silently amongst one another, the girl slowly looking across the thin packet the principal placed across the table. Scrawled across the front was a blatant "CONFIDENTIAL" sticker, the student slowly turning the pen in her hands in distraction.

"The Cultural Festival is approaching, as you are aware. However, we need to ensure the safety of the students..." Aizawa spoke, grumbling into his cup of coffee as he eyed his own copy of the files. "The League seemed to have had an increase in involvement in the recent strings of villain activities. We need to make sure they won't be involved in any funny business during the festival."

Nezu kept his visage of passiveness, nodding towards Seiko. "Again, it is more than obvious this task is terribly dangerous for a student of the likes of yourself! I insist, if we do need to take you out of the situation—"

"—Nezu-sensei, I assure you I will be alright." Seiko interrupted, playfully placing her, now valid, Hero License onto the table. "I'm allowed to protect myself, and I've been careful for this long, already. I will contact U.A. at a moment's notice if something is amiss, but I'm determined to make sure that we'll be safe from any threats."

The mouse paused, investigating every inch of the student's expression. With a huff, he settled back behind his desk, crossing his arms and nodding once. "Alright."

"Her family has requested for her to remain home for the upcoming week to recuperate from her Internship activities. You already know us teachers won't hesitate to look out for the wellbeing of all you kids..." Aizawa's unfamiliar kindness left the students in shock. "So if you ever need this sort of time, let us—"

Mineta leapt to his feet, waving in suspicious excitement to Aizawa. "So if I ask for a break—"

"No."

*

She was absolutely overwhelmed.

Not once could Seiko manage to grasp the fact that Ku-kun was no longer in reach. All for One specifically employed the Villain as the key supporter of both her and Tomura. She didn't want to do it alone.

After the League's escapade of obliterating Chisaki's hands, and obtaining his quirk-deleting guns for themselves, Tomura and Seiko's relationship grew thin.

There was no longer a facilitator to salvage their clashing leadership qualities, Tomura instantly declaring for active, direct engagement; a showy display of the Villain's true capabilities to destroy the wills of citizens and heroes alike. Seiko wanted to infiltrate and destroy; she wanted the heroes to crumble from the inside out.

"I'm Player One, Number Six. Don't challenge me."

Tomura's words struck a violent chord with Seiko, the girl's Night quirk flaring instantly. The League surrounding the duo sprinted away in shock, the student's tendrils slamming around her in clear frustration.