(22) meet "Nakano"

The two days were full of training for Seiko, the girl left rattled since her quirk had acted up during the festival. By the time she found herself returning to UA to continue classes once again, she felt a new sense of accomplishment. It was tremendous progress in those training days. Her newly obtained targeting quirk spoke volumes to her overall improvement, and Seiko felt elated at her new sense empowerment.

All for One saw it fitting that Seiko invest more effort into truly developing her mother's quirk for her own. It was no surprise when the girl handled it in stride. Her skills only increased exponentially, and reliance on her regulators weren't quite necessary anymore.

When the obstacles were thrown her way during their sessions, it only took a smirk and a flash for her to get the job done.

*

"Wah, Nawkano! Festivwal!"

She froze up, quick to plaster on her shy smile. Turning around, Seiko met the eyes of a small boy; he grasped an All Might Plush tightly in his grubby fingers, gaze wide in awe when she gave him a small wave.

"Hello~."

His mother approached quickly, brown eyes narrowed in worry until she realized who her son was talking to.

"Oh! Nakano, right? You did wonderfully at the Sports Festival!" She shifted the umbrella in her hands to the other, quickly taking her sons hand. "Reminded me so much of my younger years."

"Thank you so much," Seiko droned, as she did a small crowd began to surround her.

It was a constant flow, all these meager citizens feeling somehow moved by ridiculous students fighting one another in a battle for glory. They were being prodded and praised for beating down others to become "good"; to become heroes by trampling everyone else.

Seiko sent more waves to her crowd until she finally ended up in the 1-A classroom, somehow able to push through the former crowd. But it seemed she hadn't been alone, all the students alight in conversation of what followed the Festival. Even in this environment, it was the same. Excited chatter. Popularity. Being known.

It wasn't heroics, it was merely some stupid title.

Seiko settled into her desk.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

"Morning."

At that, Aizawa stepped into the room, the whole class suddenly falling into a deafening silence.

"Good to see your bandages off, Aizawa-Sensei, kero." Tsuyu cut in, finger on her chin thoughtfully.

"That old lady's treatment was excessive. But never mind that." Aizawa grumbled. "Today we've got hero informatics class, and a special one at that...you'll be coming up with your hero aliases."

The immense cheer exploded throughout the class, Seiko amongst those who simply sat in the back with a satisfied expression on their faces. Students like Todoroki or Tokoyami shrouded their anticipation with crossed arc, as expected. Seiko was anything but satisfied, though. Hero aliases? Those damn hero nicknames? What would she even be able to settle upon?!

"But first..." Aizawa's floating hair and activated quirk stopped the chatter instantly. "Concerning the pro-draft picks I mentioned the other day, it's based upon who the pros think will be ready to join the hero workforce after another two or three years of experience. So you could say that it's a way for them to show interest in your futures.

"But there's ample time for their interest to wane before you graduate, and any and all offers can be arbitrarily revoked. It happens quite often."