(59) drawbacks

Seiko was infuriated by the fact that Aizawa just had to shove her into whatever team was opposing Shinsou on the excuse that he needed to validate his improvement from training, but she greeted her new teams with a proper smile plastered to her face.

"Thank you for having me on your team." She greeted, bowing to the 1-B students who nodded to her in acknowledgement.

"I'm Ibara Shiozaki!" The vine-headed girl bowed back, her hands folded together in some sort of prayer. "It's wonderful to be acquainted with you again after so long since the Sports Festival. I'm sure you've improved tremendously by the graces and dedication of our mentors~."

Growling a reply, the brown-haired male of the 1-B group suddenly surged upwards in size. "I am Shisida Jurota!! It is a pleasure to finally meet you properly, Miss Nakano!!"

His boisterous behavior as he shifted to his Beast quirk form made no difference to his polite language, it seemed.

"Rin Hiryu." The boy's Scale quirk glistened in the light. "Let's work well together."

"Tsuburaba Kosei. Nice to meet'cha, Nakano-san!" The brown haired boy smirked. "If you're wondering about my Quirk—"

"Solid Air, right?" Nakano cut in, allowing her face to erupt in a slight blush. "I have a Scan Quirk alongside my Day one, sorry. I didn't mean to pry..."

Kosei's face turned a deep shade of red, and Shiozaki's vines were quick to smack the back of his head sneakily.

"Either way, let's just make sure to work together...that group together has a significant amount of range to catch us all off guard. Not to mention Shinsou—the brainwashing kid—has new gear on him that I haven't even figured out." Seiko offered.

The countdown began in the distance as the group entered their quick discussion. Still, Seiko was wary. She was walking in a bit blind for how much Class 1-A had progressed; not to mention she was working on a completely knew team. She felt—no—she knew they were inferior. It was time to play her cards carefully.

"If we watch out for—"

"Let's just smash them in, Miss!!" Shisida huffed, his fists slamming into the ground.

"I'll stick with you, Shisida. With my Solid Air, I should be able to keep those 1-A kids far enough for us to do some damage." Tsuburaba decalred, already shuffling onto the Beast's back.

Seiko flinched, honestly shooting the group a look of surprise. "W-Wait, we need to think this out a bit—"

"If you do so, Ibara-san, Nakano-San, and I will spot from a farther range. Ibara-san, if you can send vines out from the start and try to capture the long-range quirk users, we can eliminate them early on." Rin decided, nodding in determination.

"Let the wills of the universe guide us in this endeavor." Shiozaki simply agreed, and Seiko fumbled for some sort of solution.

"Hey, I don't mean to be a downer but this feels as if it's a walk into a trap—"

<"Start!!">

1-B instantly split in their designated directions, and Seiko shook her head to herself. She just had to go with the flow...just go with the flow.

"Nakano-san, can you get us out there?" Rin muttered, the Scales lining up and down his arms in a flash.

Looking around carefully, Seiko immediately heard the faint cries of 1-A and the tendrils of Shiozaki's vines smashing through the Cityscape. "Of course. But I insist, stay close...they're going to have some tricks up their sleeves."