(15) team up, again

(*note: Sorry, I'm modifying the numbers because it's strange to have an uneven number for the battles. Shift everyone down one, but remember that Aoyama still is in here...you'll see which student I had to remove for the sake of plot so I'm terribly sorry. He has an adorable design too:()

Seiko narrowly took fourth place, the girl she had saved early on following in close fifth. The groups were lined before Midnight with heavy hearts, some disappointed in their placements while others breathed sighs of relief for even passing.

After the announcement of the calvary battle and the point-costs for each student, the attraction of the ten million student caught everyone's eye. Which, Seiko realized, set him apart from every team. They had fifteen minutes, and every student avoided Izuku like the plague. Seiko followed suit, quickly avoiding the boy's desperate gaze and turning to scan over the groups.

Despite her disappointment, Seiko already knew some of her class would avoid her for this battle. Her quirk was well suited for distance battle, and the Calvary battle relied on working with the team in a unified mass. The girl was well suited for individual battle, her flying abilities not exactly easily replicable with many quirks. This was going to be a challenge.

"Hey."

I stand corrected.

Seiko turned around curiously, her eyes narrowing when she noticed the lavender-mopped boy who had harassed 1-A a few weeks ago sending her a lazy smirk. Meeting his gaze, Seiko wanted to grin as well. Shinsou Hitoshi, Quirk: brainwashing...oh~? He's thinking that he's waiting for a reply, and his gaze is somewhat wavering.

"Your quirk is useful, you should join my team."

Seiko crossed her arms with a start. "Why should I?"

There was a smirk that danced across his lips, but it soon fell.

An awkward silence settled between the duo, and Shinsou halted in confusion. Seiko returned the favor, shrugging her arms towards him and raising an eyebrow. "You good, Shinsou-san?"

"How are you—" he cut himself off, his attention now on high alert. "How do you know who I am?" And how did you cancel my quirk?

A knowing grin was proud on her face, Seiko now stepping towards him and offering a hand. "I have a mind-reading quirk, kind of, Shinsou-san. Your quirk is cool."

He was caught off guard by that, nonetheless shaking her hand curiously. "But you've been frolicking around with a light quirk."

"I'm dual-quirked~." She sang, waving her fingers in the air with the ports glowing with pride. "How about this, let's team up. I have a few ideas of how we can win this game easily~."

Seiko was already going wild with the idea of someone with a brainwashing quirk. That was practically a godly quirk to her mind! Imagine the possibilities with the ability to get people to obey your whims. It was a shame he was in the running for a hero course, because Seiko truly would have wanted to have him as a comrade. But it wasn't impossible to get him...interested, at least.

He smirked in return, catching her drift quickly. "Alright, but what's your name?"

"Nakano Seiko. Wonderful to meet you, Shinsou Hitoshi~."

You're an interesting character.

The two acquaintances walked around the field with attentive eyes, and when Seiko saw two off-set classmates, she nudged her companion's shoulder. Within moments, Aoyama and Ojiro trailed after the two in a brainwashed daze, Seiko suppressing the unfamiliar guilt inside of her. That wasn't usual, but she shrugged it off. Secluding their team quite a distance away from the still rambunctious groups, Seiko and Shinsou faced one another in full planning mode.