(69.2) homecoming

Only these two could have such a brutal battle in the sky.

High in the air, Hawks and Enigma were pinned against one another, expressions indistinguishable as the man continued to flare out his wings. The beams escaping the Villain's ports were far from their original neon glow. A stony grey released from her limbs, only faint flutters of yellow escaping in brief spurts.

Spiraling around the Pro-Hero, Enigma allowed the tendrils to explode from her body, scowling as some of it ripped through her tattered hospital gown. Hawks' wings flew outwards, the man falling back with a jolt as the sharp edges managed to scrape his nose.

"It really had to be you, huh, kid?" Hawks managed, taking a feather into his grasp before rushing forward.

Blocking with her forearms, the darkness gathered and hardened instantly, sending sparks flying. She winced at the impact, lowering and narrowly darting around more stray feathers.

The duo flipped lower, leaving behind trails of dust on the nearing ground as they continued the onslaught.

Never mind the brief stares of concern from the teachers dotted about the campus below, their concerns relied more on the fact that the students were still in the midst of evacuation.

She couldn't stress, though. Not yet.

"The Doctor knows what he is doing." Tomura said to her briefly, just before Hawks soared at the girl.

Gaze locked onto hers, the Villain remained firm. Shigaraki Tomura had planned this escape for the girl carefully, and he knew that this would only be a taste of the power and abilities he could have once more with the Himura. It was intoxicating, really, how much chaos the duo incited by merely flexing a fraction of their capabilities.

"Trust me." Shigaraki sneered to himself, noting the resolute stare Enigma returned to him as he continued. "I will see you soon."

Her companion quickly disappeared with that strange gunk from Daruma, the slime consuming the Villains body and sending him away.

But she wasn't afraid. She trusted him after all. She had to.

Scanning for Hawks, Seiko avoiding looking below. She could practically feel the eyes locked onto her weaving figure. Hell, she couldn't explain why she couldn't look down, but she would not. Her focus had to be on the hero that was right on her tail.

Still, she sighed to herself.

Of course it had to be Hawks.

A shudder passed through her, and instinctively Enigma soared straight upwards through the sky. At that moment, feathers shot past her, nicking her back and haphazardly slicing through some of the hair on her head.

Her voice turned authoritative. "Up."

Hawks scowled. At her brief command, a distant Nomu leapt into the air, latching its lanky arm onto his leg. With a ferocious tug, the man went down.

"Aw, hell."

Feathers gathering in a red mass, Hawks sent an aggressive kick to the Nomu's writhing muscles, feathers enveloping him and piercing the Nomu. It wailed out as the feathers only continued to force their way downwards, ripping through the ever-regenerating flesh and forcing the creature to release its hold.

He kicked off the face of the monster with a graceful flip, pumping his wings to chase after Enigma.

No doubt she was going to search for a way out.

Hawks was careful to avoid the prying eyes that only continued to monitor the UA situation, noting the helicopters beginning to approach from afar. Alongside the students and teachers below, this situation is going to be much too public. He couldn't compromise himself, especially with the fact that he had to take chase to the girl.