(26) practical exams

Hawk's toyed with the pen in his hands, impatiently tapping his foot on he floor as his eyes quickly scanned through the numerous newscasts and screens before him. This League was growing into a big problem, and after getting the information from the kids about the USJ incident, he knew right away something was up. No doubt the police force was already looking into the case, but they were just so slow. Always too slow.

<However, based on their physical characteristics—as well as the footage of two men and the new hooded figure incidentally captured by NHA TV—some are speculating that this incident could be linked to the events of the last month, when U.A. High School was attacked by the so-called League of Villains.>

The Pro-Hero paused, rewinding the video quickly and capturing the blurred image. He was skilled in countless fields, and within moments he enhanced the image for himself. There stood a cheekily posing figure, their face disguised with a dark mask and waving towards the news-camera. The faces of the "Tomura"-character and the "Kurogiri"-character were easily familiar to the bird-man, but this one was new. There were barely any videos that surfaced about the new face, and it was a challenge for him to analyze them.

A blast of feedback made him scratch at his ear with a scowl, but the video was as good as he could find. Leaning into a crouch, Hawk's eyes remained glued to the screen. Footage from a few months back; the small figure of the hooded-character was seen on a security camera walking confidently into a tavern near downtown Musutafu, the footage inside the tavern being cut in an even lower quality than before.

Buried into the depths of the web, Hawks cringed at the next scene. They were ruthless, killing off countless of no-name criminals inside the tavern before finally achieving whatever they were seeking. Within seconds, they were prancing about with pride, in charge of another group of villains and stepping on their pride with chilling grace.

"It was terrifying, really...the villain's aura was on a whole other scale..."

Seiko's trembling voice resounded in his head, Hawks hesitating.

"But if anything, you were so confident working with Todoroki." Tokoyami continued, the girl flushing.

"Only because he was so strong..."

"You two wiped out the villains without a second glance!"

She chuckled bashfully. "I just got...lucky!"

The figure appeared once more in the outdoor footage of the tavern, completely undeterred by what crimes were just committed. They let out a confident laugh to themselves, and with a solid leap a strange, dark manifestation shot from their calves and sent themselves up into the air. As they vanished into the distance, Hawks crossed his arms. The video ended with a resounding click.

Hawks's wings flapped furiously, the hero stunned when the little U.A. girl soared beneath him, gracefully slamming the criminal to the ground. She made it look easy. Feathers quick to gather up whatever was left of the trembling villain, the male stepped to the ground beside her. The air of confidence was unmistakable.

"You're pretty strong, I guess." Hawks murmured to the girl, voice still joking despite his analytical gaze.

Her shoulders were drawn back, standing straight with determination. Unconsciously, or otherwise, pride was dancing across her features. "Ahh, no, you're doing most of the work..." Seiko turned to the man, hands raised in a peace-sign with her mask glaring under the sinking sunlight. "I'm just playing along~."

The Number-Three took in a breath. What a mess he was about to dive in...

*

It was already the final week of June...the practical exams.