The Others

I slowly drag my eyes open. The room is still dark, but the first rays of morning light are starting to split the horizon. I push myself to a sitting position pondering my next move.

I silently slip from the smooth silk sheets and begin to dress back in yesterday's clothes. I look at the mirror on the back of the door, frowning slightly.

My shirt is mud stained and wrinkled. Not very attractive to look at. I turn to the wardrobe, remembering George pulled a nightie out of it last night, so there may be other ladies clothes in it as well...

I swing both doors open, revealing rows of nice suits. Ties hung on the door, many button downs, and a few casual clothes full the entire space. I crease my eyebrows wondering where he could have pulled that silk gown from.

I reach in and push everything aside revealing a box with my name on it. My mouth falls open, eyes wide. I gently slide the box to myself and carefully open it.

The contents were just clothes, shoes, and a few very expensive looking pieces of jewelry. My mind starts spinning, I've never seen any of these in my life...yet why do I feel like they belong to me?

Distraught, I close the box and push it back into the wardrobe. I arrange the clothes as they were and pull a white button down off a hanger. My black jeans were still pretty clean so I put those back on, along with my shoes.

I put the shirt on and roll the sleeves to my elbows. I inhale deeply, enjoying the scent it gives off. Vaguely sandalwood and just...manly.

I shake my head, still trying to figure out these strange feelings. I breathe deeply in and out a few times to calm my stressed heart, then open the door.

I walk slowly through the hallway looking at the wonderful paintings on the deep crimson walls. The floor is that same beautiful dark hardwood as in John's room. 

I walk past his door to find it open. I peek in, no one in sight, the bedsheets still tousled from sleep. I continue making my way to, well, frankly I'm not even sure.

I come to a staircase and swallow hard as I descend to whatever awaits me below. As I come to the landing, I look up and am greeted with two sets of eyes. Neither of which I'm familiar with.

My palms become sweaty as I start to panic. This was a terrible idea. Who are these blokes? They both stand in unison and approach me.

I step backwards up a few stairs, then turn and run into the nearest room. Leaning against the door breathing heavily I realize I ran into a library of sorts. The smell of old books was calming and I proceeded into the room further.

I hear someone clear their throat and spin around to face the door. The two lads from downstairs are standing in it wide eyed. "I'm sorry! I don't know why I'm here! Please..!" I stutter out walking backward into a small table knocking the book that was perched on it to the floor.

"No love, don't be afraid of us! We're mates of George and John." The man with ocean blue eyes speaks softly to me. They approach cautiously and the other man, with dark, almost black, hair takes my left hand and gently presses his plump lips to it. He looks up at me through his long, delicate eyelashes and speaks for the first time, "My name is Paul, this is Ringo. Who might you be, love?"

I can feel my face burning. My tongue is tied and I can barely for a coherent word. I swallow hard and finally speak, "__________...my name is _______..."

Paul continues to hold my hand and grins widely, "________, it's been a long time, darling. We've been looking for you." I raise my eyebrows and speak more clearly, "What do you mean by that? I'm quite certain I've never met you in my life."

Ringo pulls me to his chest in a warm hug. "You'll remember soon, darling." I frown, turning a darker shade of red, "I've heard that a lot these past few hours...I'm afraid  more confused than ever...and getting here in the first place wasn't exactly ideal."

Paul speaks again, "how do
You mean? You didn't just come on your own?" I shake my head, "No, John was following me in the forest and I ended up hitting my head in a branch trying to get away from him..." I reach up and gently touch the sore spot on my forehead. "Then, I woke up with my hands bound by a tie..."

I feel Ringo sigh deeply. "Leave it to John...". Ringo hold me out at arms length and give me a toothy grin. I smile back at him, he's got a wonderfully contagious smile.

Paul takes my hand and gently tugs me toward the door, "Come love, we  should find the others and explain what's going on."