Rushing

***Your POV***

I clamber out of bed, Paul waking immediately as I begin to pull on clothes.

"_______, baby, slow down. What's going on? What happened? Just sit down and tell me, don't over exert yourself."

I whirl around, black creeping into my vision at the sudden motion. "John! Something bad happened to John! I don't know what, but I felt it...he needs me!"

Paul pulls me to sit on the bed. "_______, calm down. Panicking won't solve anything. John should be just downstairs with the others. Let's go and see what's going on, yeah?"

I turn to look at George. He's still peacefully resting, his chest rising and falling gently as his mind wanders the now empty dreamscape we shared.

I close my eyes for a moment to center myself. The feeling of dread still strong within me.

"Okay. Let's go. I don't like this feeling." I give George one last look, satisfied with how he seems and allow Paul to lead me down the stairs.

We walk into the living room, my heart sinking as I see only Emma and Ritchie on the couch in silence.

"Where's John?!" I ask, panic evident in my rising tone.

Ritchie just looks at me, blue eyes widening as he takes in my manic expression. "He-uh, took Samuel and went to...rescue your family.."

"He what?!" I nearly scream, taking a step forward.

I look wildly around the room. I spot Samuel's long forgotten bag of medical supplies.

Without hesitation I spring forward and grab it from its recent resting place.

Paul and Ritchie are too confused at my erratic behavior to stop me immediately.

I open the bag and peer inside for a moment before reaching in to grab an unmarked syringe full of just what I need.

As soon as I pull it from the bag Paul and Ritchie shriek, "no!" And lunge toward me.

It's too late. The needle sinks into my skin and I depress the plunger before they can reach me.

Paul rips the syringe from my hand and sees it completely empty. He tosses it aside and holds me by the shoulders.

"______....love..why would you do this? It's too dangerous...." his hazel eyes shine with panicked tears, his thumb brushing the injection site.

I gently back out of his hold to bump into Ritchie. I turn to see a worried expression on his face.

"I'm sorry, but it's what I need to do..I can't just sit around to get better when I'm needed...I'll deal with what happens later.."

I run from them, my strength returning rapidly as the serum works it's magic and begins to increase my blood.

I reach George in no time. I quickly pull the blanket away from him and lean in to bite.

I feel the rush of the new blood leaving me quickly as it flows into George.

I pull away as soon as I start to feel light headed. Seconds later George opens his eyes.