Fate

Everything is dark, my body on fire. The pain in my neck is too much to bear, bringing me in and out of consciousness.

I hear fighting, angry words, sickening thumps. The scent of freshly spilled blood filling my senses, yet I can't wake up.

I can't open my eyes.

***************

George's POV

I watch as _________ falls limply against John, a deep rage flowing through me as he kneels down to get a better hold on her.

He leans in and desperately begins to close her wound, the snap of a twig bringing my attention back to Emma.

"Emma." I warn, readying myself for attack.

She appraises me with her cool blue eyes, eyes that used to hold such innocence, such simple adoration for ________. But now...

"George." She retorts, squaring up to me, glancing over my shoulder to John and ________.

"Don't you dare even look at her." I say through gritted teeth.

She smiles at me, a cruel, sickening grin dimpling her cheeks. "I'll do as I please, George. You'd better get your last look instead of talking."

I squint at her, my hand tightening into a fist, "and why is that?"

She rushes me with a surprising speed, her fist connecting with my mouth as she screams, "because I'm going to Kill you all!"

I stumble backwards, shocked at the power behind her hit.

Still, ________ just gave me a fresh bit of blood not that long ago. I feel the power of her flowing through me as I steady myself and lunge back to Emma.

I grab her by the arms and toss her with every bit of strength I can muster.

I cringe slightly as she hits a nearby tree with a solid thump, but keep up my pace, running to her and lifting her by the collar of her dress.

"You'll kill us all? You really think your pathetic little ass could even match up to me?"

I swing my fist directly into her jaw, her head smashing into the tee behind her with the force of impact.

She falls to the ground in a graceless clump.

I tower over her triumphantly, giving her a humorless smile, "Emma....sad, sad Emma. Why are you doing this? You helped us save her. You admired her so much ever since you were a small girl. Why?"

She closes her eyes and drops her head, her words coming in a low mumble, "I...it's because..."

I hunch slightly to hear better, "speak up, can't hear you-"

I gasp in surprise and Emma grabs a fistful of my shirt and pulls me forward, my eyes barely catching the glint of metal as she swings her arm wildly toward me.

I pull back enough for her blade to barely graze my chest.

"You crazy bitch!" I shout, adrenaline pumping through me as I step away from another crazy swing of her arm.