Reset

I quickly wipe my face clean and lean against the sink with a sigh. My body is tired, and my mind is exhausted, so I call out for Paul.

He comes in, seeing the blood from me and the fresh, rather large, puddle from John by the tub.

"What-"

I cut him off, "I'll explain in a moment, I just don't want to keep repeating it to everyone..."

He grimaces and scoops me into his arms, carrying me back to my room.

He sets me on the edge of the bed. "Okay. Explain."

Ritchie and Samuel look at me with confused curiosity.

"I don't have much of an explanation...but I think there's something wrong with John-"

"Did he hurt you in the bathroom? If he did-"

"No, Paul. He isn't the one that did that. It was..me-"

"Are you alright? Did you produce more blood?" Ritchie panics, kneeling next to me.

"I would tell you if you guys would relax and just listen..."

"Right...sorry, love..." Paul says smiling sheepishly.

I sigh before speaking again. "Let's just go to John's room. I'll explain in there."

They nod and we make the quick journey down the hall.

Once in John's room the three men gasp at the sight of John.

George has him flat on his back, nothing restraining him, because nothing would really hold him down anyway.

The side of his head is covered in slowly drying blood, the sight of it making my stomach churn.

A dark purple bruise is starting to form around his eye and open wound.

I take a seat at the foot of the bed.

"As you can see, John is slightly...damaged...and it's because of me. Long story short, I think there's something wrong with him. He had this...far away look in his eyes...I didn't like the look of it...it's something bad...I know it...I couldn't say anything in front of you all, so I took care of it on my own...unfortunately...."

I slowly make my way up to John's head and place my palm on his cheek.

"I feel so terrible for hurting him...but...I don't know his intentions....can someone get me a rag to clean him up?"

I watch as Ritchie leaves, then turn my attention to George.

"What are we gonna do? He's not going to be out forever...he's lost a lot of blood, I have to give him some.."

George looks pensive for a moment, then he drops to sit at the end of the bed.

"...I don't know...we don't really have a definitive reason to think there's something wrong besides what you're saying....I'm not saying you're lying or anything, love...but it's hard to determine a solution if we don't know the problem...."