The Party

I stop walking, pulling George's arm to stop as well. He turns to me in confusion, "what's the matter?"

I look him up and down, "I know you're just staying in the car, but I think you should dress a bit nicer, just in case...and maybe put on some sunglasses..."

George looks down at himself, then nods, "you're right I suppose, I'll be back in a moment." He sprints back into the house.

Emma gets out of the car, "what's going on?"

I explain about George coming, Emma nods, and says, "I figured he couldn't leave you by yourself...it may not be a bad idea to have a getaway driver just in case.."

I nod, feeling my anxiety spike again. George finally comes running back out, wearing a very nice suit.

I grin widely at him, "ah, oh-so handsome." He chuckles, a tinge of pink coloring his cheeks, "whatever you say, love."

George opens the passenger door for me, I climb in carefully, making sure not to bump my hair.

George opens the back door for Emma,
Then climbs behind the wheel. He grips my hand tightly as he starts the engine, "are you ready, love?"

I nod, swallowing hard, "yeah...let's get it over with.."

We drive in silence to the venue, the closer we got, the harder my heart pounded against my chest.

When we finally arrive at the dreaded destination, George parks next to a tree, casting a dark shadow across the car, perfectly obscuring his face.

"Perfect idea, George." Emma speaks from the back, then addresses me, "we need to try and get this information as soon as possible. The longer you're here, the easier it's going to be for them to discover you. Remember, I am your servant, so you must not talk with me as much, I am here to merely accompany you and assist where needed. You, are the beautiful daughter of a very noble family so act as such. Be dignified, stand tall, bare your fangs to show your power. Most importantly, be quick. This needs to be an in and out operation..."

I lick my lips, squeezing George's hand to calm my own trembling ones. "I love you.." George whispers in my ear, pressing his lips to my cheek.

I turn to kiss him fully on the lips, "I love you George...I'll see you in a little while..."

He nods, watching as I exit the car on shaking legs. "How are we supposed to get in? Is there some sort of invitation we needed to receive?!" I ask, the thought suddenly hitting me.

"There were, I assume, but you can persuade our way in. Before we go, why don't you try it quickly with me?"

I scrunch my eyebrows together, "I don't even know what to do!"

"You must make good eye contact, and just think hard about what you want, and it should work. Once the eye contact is broken, the victim will have no recollection of what happened.."

I lock eyes with Emma, willing with all my might for her take out the concealer spray and spray herself with it. I see her eyes glaze over as she reaches into the bag across her shoulder. She pulls out the jar and sprays it all over herself, then places it back into the bag.

My mouth hangs open in shock. Emma's eyes clear up and she looks at me in confusion, "why are you looking at me that way? Is there something the matter?"

I laugh incredulously, "it worked! It really worked!" I hug Emma tightly, kissing her on the cheek.

I pull back to look at her, to see her face flushed, and she stutters, "I...I'm glad..let's go..get it done with..yeah?"