Finally Finding the Solution

***************
A sharp pain drags me out of my foggy slumber. I open my eyes, seeing double everywhere they shift.

I close them again, the visuals making me nauseous. A small groan escapes my mouth as I shift slightly on the uncomfortable bed.

The pain in my arm grows ten fold as I bend it. A small cry sounds in the back of my throat as someone fiddles with it.

"Hey, hey it's okay.." a soft, voice whispers. My eyebrows crease and I slowly open my eyes again, my vision better, but still pretty fuzzy.

I'm met with the calm, icy blue eyes of a woman. I speak and my voice comes out cracked and soft, "please...I just want to go back home...I need to see George.."

The woman presses her finger against my lips, "it's okay, honey, shhhhhhh.." she coos, "I'll help you sleep again.." suddenly a warm rush flushes through my veins.

I sob, "no...please...I don't want you to hurt him..." the woman leans close to my face, touching it gently with her cold hands, "do not worry, princess. We're not going to hurt him. Any of them, in fact. They're much too valuable, they cause you to produce more blood than any other stimulus.."

A high ringing sounds in my ears, as she prattles on, "we need them so you can give us the quantities we need to re-populate..."

My vision starts to fade and she backs away, giving me full view of her swollen stomach. She rubs it lovingly, "we've already taken so much from you, we need them to get here before we suck you dry!" She jokes, laughing airily.

My tired eyes close again, envisioning the lads, keeping hope, though I knew if I lost more blood, I'd surely die. Tears slowly trail down my cheeks, as I slip into dreams that will never be.

**************

I wake up, cold tears tracked down my cheeks. I sit up and run the wetness off my face. George wakes and sits up, holding me, kissing me on the shoulder softly, "what's the matter, love? Why are you crying?"

I stay silent, breathing deeply to steady my voice, "I had a dream...and there was a woman in it this time...she had blue eyes, and she was pregnant..."

George holds me tightly, stroking my hair, "what did she say?"

I frown, conflicting feelings rising, "she was very kind..but she was acting like I was property, like a salve. She was saying how they needed to find you all, because you make me produce more blood than anything else...she was telling me how they've taken so much already, they'd need to get you guys or they'd bleed me dry...and.." I sniffle, wiping my leaking eyes.

George kisses me softly, then urges me on, "and?"

"...I think I was..jealous? I saw her being pregnant..and I..she drugged me, then as I was passing out I was imagining us with our own child..and I knew I was close to death..and it would never happen..." my body shakes with my heaving sobs.

George pulls me onto his lap, whispering sweetly in my ear, "it will happen, darling...you were given another life with us for a reason..."

I press my face into his shoulder, letting his soft voice soothe me. I lift my head, looking into his caring dark eyes, "it will?" I ask, a small smile appearing on my lips.

George wipes the tears from my face, "of course, love. I plan on marrying you, y'know. We'll have kids, rule over our people, it'll be a wonderful existence."

I kiss George slowly, relishing in the warmth of his lips. "I love you, George...I don't know what I'd do without you..." He kisses my eyebrow, "I love you too, _____. My soulmate."

Our cute little moment is rudely interrupted by Ritchie bursting into the room, "hey guys, sorry for the intrusion, but we've figured out the wards." I look back at George a wide grin spreading across my face.

We leap out of bed, I throw George's purple robe over myself, fastening the tie tightly at my waist. George just throws a pair of boxers on, then we rush out of the room, following Ritchie to the library.

John and Paul are bent over a sheet of paper, muttering to themselves. Paul is the first to look up, greeting us with an excited smile. John looks a second later, standing quickly. "We've done it!"
He yells excitedly.

"Great, how? We need them up right away." George says, looping his arm around my waist.

"It's quite the list." Paul says, tapping the paper to prove his point, "but it's quite simple. We need: 4 jars, stones representing the 4 elements, blood from the ones that need protecting, and  dried honeysuckle."

"Easy. Let's get it done." George speaks, then tugs my hand, "let's go shower and go into town to shop for our ingredients."

I nod, then run up to each boy, hugging them tightly. "Thank you guys so much...I love you all."